Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Streetka Production figures..

8K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  KissMyKa 
#1 ·
For anybody interested, the official production run numbers for the Streetka from the Pininfarina factory...

Pininfarina in the production time 2002-2005...altogether 37,076 Streetka´s were produced.

These divide themselves as follows on the individual years:

2002: 37
2003: 23.579
2004: 8.562
2005: 4.898

For the geeks...lol!

(figures taken fron German Streetka Owners Club Forum)

#3 ·
rofl...

2002 = thirty seven
2003 = twenty three thousand five hundred and seventy nine
2004 = eight thousand five hundred and sixty two
2005 = four thousand eight hundred and ninety eight

which equals...

thirty seven thousand and seventy six streetkas...

:p :p :p

Clear enough Jack!?

#8 ·
OLIM said:
Hey!!
That figure for 2003 seems a hell of a lot of cars for Pininfarina to produce.......are sure?
Pininfarina are able to produce 80,000 vehicles each year.

I imagine the streetkas produced in 2002 went to dealerships for promotion and that the 2004/5 models were primarily winters and other special editions.

This means that the theory that most streetkas are roughly the same age regardless of registration date is more likely to be a possiblilty!

#10 ·
Any website address for this German Streetka Owners Club Forum please?

Have they stopped making the right hand drive streetka now then? Yes?

The ford.co.uk car configurator and press release say the streetka is now available in a 'new exciting colour' which turns out to be, wait for it, wait for it: ENVY GREEN :lol:

Thats neither new or exciting, they discontinued it ages ago. Must have had some paint left over or found some in a field they didnt know they'd got! Naughty cynic Anton, tut tut. :p

#11 ·
Pretty much everyone hated Envy Green, which is why they stopped it in the first place!

It is www.streetka.de

The site operates only in German and they don't like it much when I post in my badly translated german.lol :x

They have some wicked meets, they get like 20-30 streetkas per meet where we struggle to get 3 of together!

#14 ·
IDEA

For the attention of the German High Commissioner

EU Pink Streetka Directive

Dear Mr Schmidt

You do not have your quota of Pink Streetkas and 'special' Streeka owners in Germany whereas we have more than we want here in the UK, so we are sending you one with her pink vehicle and you are welcome to her.
:lol:
No, we dont want anything in return. it is a permanent gift not a loan: OK.

Thankyou, you are doing us a great service, she comes to you with the best of British luck - you gonna need it.

German speaker???????? About about as good as her English. Take care, she is indeed special :wink:

All the best Schmidtty,

Yours faithfully

Anton and myka.org

Gotta be worth a try surely

#16 ·
Yeah, it was just an idea, and so I headed it IDEA: but I aborted it. The Germans have done us no harm for the last 60 years and anyway she knows we love her really. :oops:

I still think as they didn't make pink streetkas in Germany and dont seem to have any (back to thread subject) we should let them see one of our British pink ones (any of them). Let them Germans realise what they are missing. 8)

Also, I am sure the production figures are indeed accurate BUT it amazes me that they can say for definate excatly how many new cars they made, and Ford probably (at the end of each month, and each quarter) also publish how many new streetkas they have sold, and indeed how many of every Ford Ka model they have sold, hereby showing how well Ford are doing compared to other manufacturers HOWEVER ask for what colours they have got, what spec the vehicles are they have for sale, try to order a specific model in a specific colour and suddenly it all goes remarkable hazy. :? The dealers don't know and dont have a way of finding out it seems, or ask three dealers and they get three different answers. :wink:

Example:
They stop making streetkas altogether now, so when they run out of envy green ones, they discontinue the colour, then they 'find some somewhere' mysteriously and reintroduce it. Maybe they were hiding somewhere. That is just one example and there are many more. They dont seem to have a clue what they have and haven't got. Someone goes to one dealer who cant supply a vehicle....then Ford tell another dealer 'OK no problem immediate availability'. Most dealers will tell you stories like that, and what a mockery it makes of the brochures (especially Ka brochure is never wholey accurate) and the Ford configurator which supposedly tells retail customers what they can have....except that is different again to the info on the 'dealer only' net site which Ford dealers can tap into....all seem to be just an indication of what might/could be/has been available. :evil:

Accurate production figures and sales figures from Ford? One sometimes wonders how accurate they actually are.

Anyway, if they stopped making streetkas a while ago it might be a good idea to avoid the envy green ones which have somehow now been 'reintroduced' otherwise you might find your 'new' vehicle is actually not new at all and has been rusting away happily somewhere for a year or more :?: Time will tell. :!:

Maybe the production figures, like my posts are best taken with a pinch of salt and a sense of humour. :lol:

#22 ·
Actually yours is a 53 isn't it Kitty, and it's very well behaved indeed! It must be totally random!

My mates 54 reg is sweeeet as a nut. not a squeek, rattle or body work problem in sight.

I'm still quite impressed that PininFarina managed to churn out that many hand made cars in one year though! If only Burger King staff were like it with their burgers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.