Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Sat Nav Update

12K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Mondeo-hopeful 
#1 ·
Hi Ive recently purchased a 57 Titanium X Mondeo and immediately noticed the built in sat nav is out of date. As Ford are quoting me £264 to update I was wondering if anyone would have an old update DVD to buy (2008 onwards) or would be able to tell me where to find download from web. And also any links for firmware update. I have tried searching but with no joy. (not the most tecnically minded). Cheers guys

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
You can download software version 5.1 there is a 5.3 version available but some forums reported a few issues with that, 5.1 seems the best available. If you do a search on the forums you will find plenty of advice on how to update, make sure your car is running when you do it, VERY important.
HERE
Roger

#4 ·
Yes, I noticed last night Chris but I was too knackered to change it,

Try THIS

Also have a read of THIS thread

#5 ·
Thank you, very helpful. So if I download the 5.0 update will this work bearing in mind that I have the 2007 maps edition. Am I right in thinking that the 5.1 update does not work on 2007 maps edition? Or is it just a case of downloading and installing 5.0 and then downloading and installing 5.1?

#7 ·
You might be right, it was along time ago that I did it, all early mondeos were given a free upgrade to 2008 maps, it sounds like your cars original owner didn't bother to obtain it. There was a voucher with the car that had to be sent off. I doubt a dealer would be willing to help now.
If you can't get later maps I wouldn't update to 5.0, this caused issues with reduced speaker volume in the rear doors and was quickly replaced with 5.1 which was ok. You may be better off keeping what you have unless you can get a later map disc.

Roger

#12 ·
#8 ·
Well, last in web downloadable update is 5.3, so if to make update, definitely make update to 5.3. Thje problem is, these updates are really NOT compatible to 2007 maps DVD. So if you have 2007 maps DVD, ask dealer for solution, if you dont have voucher for newer maps DVD.

#9 ·
Read post #2

#14 ·
Those are for the mk3 Mondeo, no use in a mk4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.