Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Colour coded "black"eyes pics

38K views 112 replies 30 participants last post by  lazarusv6 
#1 ·
Anyone done the blackeye mod to their car but colour coded them instead of doing them black? I was searching the net to reply to a post, but couldn't find any. I'm not fussed which Ford its on, but would be nice to see and then i can help out the member, and give others some inspiration (hopefully)

#2 ·
here you go astor grey eyes from my old mk2.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Dan

Attachments

Reactions: st-tdci-russ
#3 ·
thanks Dan, would use the button but there isn't one... !?!?!?

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Am looking for non-blackeyes, like blueeyes/redeyes/greeneyes etc, there's loads of pics of them in black to look at, (as per 1st post), and none in different colours... but yes i agree, panther black mk3 mondy's with blackeyes is gorgeous.

#6 ·
trouble is the closer the colour is to black the more it may seem pointless to some people for example ink blue you wouldnt really see the difference unless close up but something like red or st200 blue that would be quite noticable

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Performance blue (st220) now thats a nice colour... Emerald green... they'd look good and a lot less aggressive than black.

#16 ·
i was wondering how long until i would see this. i remember being at mondeo mania seeing the mk4's before release even then ithought it would be an easy job.

seems its about 4 years then as ive just seen um

#10 ·
not seen a mk4 with blackeyes... mmm tasty

#12 ·
When the mk2 was starting to get mods involved in the change from the mk1 alot of the south east lot started colour eyes on them. Seen juice green eyes and electric current red eyes too. Look ok on colourcoded cars. It's funny as I swapped between morrettes in matt black and the Astor eyes and preferred the Astor eyes. Never got on with morrettes.
I have a panther black mk3 and haven't done blackeyes as yet lol.

Dan

#13 ·
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

This is on my last Mondeo, Originaly it was from Wootty, who did the colour on the eyes, but this is on a cuirass colour Mondy... This is about the best shot of headlights i have.

Attachments

#14 ·
Thanks mate, pics good, the more the merrier!

#19 ·
Looking good mate, thanks for posting!

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
i think the general consensus on here will be black=tasty on black cars, i'm not sure about white eyes on white, but by all means, go for it (and post some pics here if you like!) what about maybe a dark grey (graphite?) that might look good on white...

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
sorry not seen any white/white's before, doing the bit below the lower front grille in black would look good on that mate... look a bit st

#24 ·

View attachment 119962

View attachment 119963

Dan
[/quote]

They look a bit tasty there Danny lol
[/quote]

funny how people rock up after years of neglect lol.

yeah sold the old girl on in the end as it was going to cost too much to sort her out for the MOT and engine probs were starting to make it go funny. so on the mk3 zetec s now with so far a ÂŁ1098 clutch and a ÂŁ294 injector bill its getting on my nerves. damn tdci`s

Dan

#27 ·
nice kit, reckon would look good with black alloys and blackeyes...

#26 ·

View attachment 119962

View attachment 119963

Dan
[/quote]

They look a bit tasty there Danny lol
[/quote]

funny how people rock up after years of neglect lol.

yeah sold the old girl on in the end as it was going to cost too much to sort her out for the MOT and engine probs were starting to make it go funny. so on the mk3 zetec s now with so far a ÂŁ1098 clutch and a ÂŁ294 injector bill its getting on my nerves. damn tdci`s

Dan
[/quote]

Could have had 2 or 3 mk2's for that!

#32 ·
Thanking you kindly (on one of your other posts, as no thanks button here!)

#33 ·
i did amparo blue eyes on my medium steel blue zetec:

then put them on my silver ST

#34 ·
thanks for pics, look smart mate, bet you had same prob as me, cant really do silver eyes!!! and thanks on its way (on another post)

#35 ·
no worries - yeah silver eyes is code for standard

thinking different colour with the STs re-build

#36 ·
I'm going to experiment on mine. I've got 2 busted ish headlights I can use so Ive got one painted in black and then the other I'm going to use an enamel paint I have. It's not the right colour but its pretty close. I used it on my calipers, and behind the diffuser lens, you won't even be able to tell (hopefully). The only thing I'm concerned about is the indicator bulb and whether or not it'll show through the red

#37 · (Edited by Moderator)
leave the indicator diffusers in place, as i suggested, take the diffusers out, mask them off and replace, so as not to get paint on the silver indicator reflector, don't mask the indicator silver area behind the diffuser as the silver will come off with the masking tape!

see in this pic, the indicator area is still silver

Attachments

#38 ·
I didn't even bother masking it off (well, couldn't anyway. Had no masking tape). I just sprayed behind it. I'm going to see how well you can see the indicator once the unit is in and working. If there isn't as much light output, then I'll get a set of high intensity LEDs for them and wire them up accordingly. That should give better light intensity. These lights won't be permanent as I want a set of those R8 style headlights.

#39 ·
i do and don't like them, nice idea, but imo f*cking ugly

Attachments

#40 ·
Not those silly chrome ones but the black version, and I'll probably change the sidelights to red LEDs like I have now and shut them off when the main beams are on, as to avoid unwanted rozzer attention

#41 ·
Here we go. One of the NZFF boys took a leaf out of my book and tried them on his 1993 EB2 Falcon Fairmont

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Grille

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Plant

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.