TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Important Links

Latest TalkFord Reviews

TalkFord Reviews - Review your car, tyres, dealer or cleaning products. Help a member choose their next purchase with your honest review, it only takes a minute to complete. Just *click here*

Top Reviewers

• %s's Photo

23 reviews
  • compuwiz_uk%s's Photo
    compuwiz_uk
    8 reviews
  • Nick%s's Photo
    Nick
    7 reviews
  • siruncle%s's Photo
    siruncle
    4 reviews
  • Andy_A%s's Photo
    Andy_A
    3 reviews

Barum Bravuris 2 Reviews

High Performance Summer Tyre.

Average Dry Grip Rating:
Average Wet Grip Rating:
Average Roadnoise Rating:

Overall, in value for money terms, our members rate this tyre based on collectively driving this tyre for 16000 miles.

Reviews

Write a Review

• Spare Wheel
    30 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Dry Grip:
    Wet Grip:
    Roadnoise:
    VFM:
    Mileage Covered When Reviewed: 6000
    Size: 235 45 17
    Vehicle Fitted To: Mondeo
    Price Paid: ££82 ea

I'm updating this review, primarily due to noise:

>Mileage Covered When Reviewed: 1000
    >Size: 235 45 17
    >Vehicle Fitted To: Mondeo Mk IV ghia
    >Price Paid: £82 ea
    >
    >2 were fitted to the rear of my Mondeo to replace Conti Sport Contact 3s. At the >price, I can't really complain about the value.
    >
    >From the driving seat, it is difficult to tell the difference between the (more >expensive) SC 3s and Bravuris 2s. The Bravuris tyres are a little noisier on smooth >tarmac and a lot noisier on more open textured tarmac. But, broadly, they feel the >same, which considering that the SC3s, in their time, were a premium tyre is decent >for more of a mid-market tyre; I'd have given them 4-and-a-half stars for wet and dry >grip, if half stars were available.
    >
    >I can't yet comment on wear, but, given the price difference, I'd choose them over >SC3s (which you can lean on, but they do wear if you do) again, although SC5s >might be a different matter.

On the rear, they are too loud on some surfaces. On many surfaces, the noise is noticeable, but not objectionable. On the other surfaces, it is unacceptable.

On the front, the grip, and wet braking particularly, really are not up there with the absolute best tyres, which you don't notice on the rear. I'll see when I've done a bit more driving in the wet, but, my suspicion is, that on the front, in the wet, the grip might really be a bit suspect.

So: rear, noise not good enough
    front, grip, a bit marginal; way better than some budgets, but not in the top class

So, that's why I'm downrating them, although on a different car, with better boot noise suppression and if they are cheap enough in your size, might still be worth a punt, but still, potentially, an acceptable budget option rather than class leading (and, they only get that good a result for noise because they are not that bad at the front, and its not on all surfaces, otherwise, it would be a star less...it says in the description that 0 stars is is noisy and 5 is quiet, but you can only give from 1 to 5 stars; so 1 star would be the worst noise result that you can give).

These did well for the price in an Auto Express review, but I guess that they didn't try them on the surfaces that show them at their worst, which admittedly aren't the most common surfaces, but common enough to be irritating.

• 16 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Dry Grip:
    Wet Grip:
    Roadnoise:
    VFM:
    Mileage Covered When Reviewed: 1000
    Vehicle Fitted To: Mondeo Mk IV ghia
    Price Paid: £82 ea

2 were fitted to the rear of my Mondeo to replace Conti Sport Contact 3s. At the price, I can't really complain about the value.

From the driving seat, it is difficult to tell the difference between the (more expensive) SC 3s and Bravuris 2s. The Bravuris tyres are a little noisier on smooth tarmac and a lot noisier on more open textured tarmac. But, broadly, they feel the same, which considering that the SC3s, in their time, were a premium tyre is decent for more of a mid-market tyre; I'd have given them 4-and-a-half stars for wet and dry grip, if half stars were available.

I can't yet comment on wear, but, given the price difference, I'd choose them over SC3s (which you can lean on, but they do wear if you do) again, although SC5s might be a different matter.

• 07 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Dry Grip:
    Wet Grip:
    Roadnoise:
    VFM:
    Mileage Covered When Reviewed: 7000
    Vehicle Fitted To: Mondeo Mk4 Hatchback
    Price Paid: £400 EUR/set

Had these fitted on my Mondeo, and they perform adequately, apart from braking. I manage to get ABS really working on hard braking in dry road conditions, which I really do not like. And, I do not like the felling "Am I going to stop" when something unexpected happens on a road ahead of me.
    My previous car was mk3 Mondeo with Pirelli P7 fitted, and they were much better.
    Still I think that they are good value for money, but do not expect premium brand performance.
  • zeri
    13 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Dry Grip:
    Wet Grip:
    Roadnoise:
    VFM:
    Mileage Covered When Reviewed: 2000
    Size: 195 55 15
    Vehicle Fitted To: Mercedes A class
    Price Paid: £210

Had them in my old merc ( A class w168) very nice tyres , far better than expected but being a lower brand of the Conti its loghical. Very nice ones think will by them when the Dunlop Sp1 will be dead on my Focus.
    Cheers