TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Important Links

Latest TalkFord Reviews

TalkFord Reviews - Review your car, tyres, dealer or cleaning products. Help a member choose their next purchase with your honest review, it only takes a minute to complete. Just *click here*

Top Reviewers

• %s's Photo

23 reviews
  • compuwiz_uk%s's Photo
    compuwiz_uk
    8 reviews
  • Nick%s's Photo
    Nick
    7 reviews
  • siruncle%s's Photo
    siruncle
    4 reviews
  • Andy_A%s's Photo
    Andy_A
    3 reviews

Capri

Overall, TalkFord members rate this Ford:

How It Drives:
Fuel Economy:
Reliability:
Practicality:
Overall Rating:

Reviews

Write a Review

• Cobra2
    07 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

Car:
    1973 Ford Capri, 2000 Petrol Coupe

Ratings:
    How It Drives:
    Fuel Economy:
    Reliability:
    Practicality:
    Overall Rating:
    Owning Experience:
    Owned For: 2 years
    Problems: none (but rust)
    Good Points: The looks
    Bad Points: The age...

2,0 SOHC "GT"
    Fun car, with good looks, easy to service.
    If it only had a better body...(for rust), I would have modified it with power-steering & 5-speed.
    Sold in favor to an 1990 Audi 80 Quattro with galvanized body....big mistake, they also rust (without beeing damaged)
  • Ghia15
    09 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Car:
    1978 Ford Capri, 2.0 Petrol Coupe

Ratings:
    How It Drives:
    Fuel Economy:
    Reliability:
    Practicality:
    Overall Rating:
    Owning Experience:
    Owned For: 5 years
    Problems: None
    Good Points: Great Drive, Simple To Work On And Fantastically Good Looking
    Bad Points: None

Learnt to drive in the car and still love the way it makes me feel. Love the simplicity and the lack of driver aids, man and machine in perfect harmony.

• 09 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Car:
    1985 Ford Capri, 1.6 Petrol Coupe

Ratings:
    How It Drives:
    Fuel Economy:
    Reliability:
    Practicality:
    Overall Rating:
    Owning Experience:
    Owned For: 1 year
    Problems: Auto, Trans,cruise Control, Horn, Instrument Cluster Illumination, A/c
    Good Points: Starts Everytime Now
    Bad Points: Room For Transporting Large Items Not A Lot Of Boot Space But Wasn't Built For That!!

I love the car it's got lots of power and enjoy driving it everytime.! A rare find but worth it every time!

• 09 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

Car:
    1982 Ford Capri, 1.6 Petrol Coupe

Ratings:
    How It Drives:
    Fuel Economy:
    Reliability:
    Practicality:
    Overall Rating:
    Owning Experience:
    Owned For: 2 Years
    Problems: Not Yet
    Good Points: Great Looks
    Bad Points: Hope It Doesn't Rust

This is my mint condition Capri 1.6 laser, it has been fully restored, not by me! I bought it from a classic car dealer for $7500. It has had a new engine put in all newly refurbished interior and wheels. The guy who did this brought the car back up to original manufacturer’s condition and I absolutely love it. I’m thinking of using this as a summer car only as Capri’s always rust, but overall I’m very happy and have no problems to report.

• 09 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

Car:
    1980 Ford Capri, 3.0 V6 Petrol Coupe

Ratings:
    How It Drives:
    Fuel Economy:
    Reliability:
    Practicality:
    Overall Rating:
    Owning Experience:
    Owned For: 1 Year
    Problems: Rot Everywhere
    Good Points: Very Quick
    Bad Points: Drinks Petrol

Hi, you are looking at my 3.0 Capri GT project car. I have owned this car now for 1 year and it is finally time for me to strip her down and get rid of all the rot. Luckily none of the struts are rusted it just needs a lot of panel work. I maybe in for some surprises and these car are renowned for rotting all the way through so I will have to just wait till it gets stripped down. I have sourced original leather interior and steering wheel which I was lucky to find. I’m going to spend about £7k on her and after that she will be gleaming once again.

• 09 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Car:
    1981 Ford Capri, 2.0 Petrol Coupe

Ratings:
    How It Drives:
    Fuel Economy:
    Reliability:
    Practicality:
    Overall Rating:
    Owning Experience:
    Owned For: 3 Years
    Problems: Rot Under The Wheel Arches
    Good Points: Drives Like A Dream
    Bad Points: These Cars Are Prone To Rot

I've had this car for over 3 years now, I do love my Capri's and plan on restoring this one to its former glory. The car did have a few issues when I bought it, the tracking rods needed replacing and the suspension too. It was a dealer px so I was expecting a few problems. The car is rotting quite badly under the wheel arches so that is a job that has to be tackled. Overall I love this car and go to as many meet ups as I can, I will post pictures of how it looks when I’ve finished with her.

• 09 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

Car:
    1980 Ford Capri, 1.6 Petrol Coupe

Ratings:
    How It Drives:
    Fuel Economy:
    Reliability:
    Practicality:
    Overall Rating:
    Owning Experience:
    Owned For: 15 Years
    Problems: Just The Usual Stuff
    Good Points: Looks Great
    Bad Points: Wheel Arch Rust

Fantastic car, my review would probably be a bit bias as I love these cars to bits. Well in fact anyone who owns one is a Ford enthusiast so you won’t get any negative comments there. The car has been used on a weekly basis since I bought it and hasn’t given me much trouble at all. I’m not a boy racer so there are no mods on it apart from a decent cd player. Although I will have to say that the wheel arches do rust a little and I had them treated 5 years ago. Parts are still easy to come by but as this is becoming more of a classic they are getting a little pricey, especially body panels and original fixtures.