Ford Automobiles Forum banner

TDCi Annotated Engine Bay

90K views 71 replies 49 participants last post by  oldbod 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Was bored so I've put together this quick guide to the TDCi engine, as seen when opening the bonnet. Will come as 2nd nature to most of us but hopefully it'll help some people locate things like EGR valves, boost pipes etc:

Automotive fuel system Product Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice one!!

#13 ·
Have 2.000 TDCI 2003, done k160 miles but still runs really sweet - has developed a squeel on engine when starting and when engine starts to stalls when under revved when setting off - only applies when engine is warm/hot, fine when cold. Anyone got any thoughts? Had new exhaust only 10 days ago but I doubt if this is the culprit.

#14 ·
Have 2.000 TDCI 2003, done k160 miles but still runs really sweet - has developed a squeel on engine when starting and when engine starts to stalls when under revved when setting off - only applies when engine is warm/hot, fine when cold. Anyone got any thoughts? Had new exhaust only 10 days ago but I doubt if this is the culprit

#16 ·
Does anyone know why my recently purchased TDCI has went down in power. I had a mate fit lowering springs, but i doing so he for some unknown reason disconnected the battery. ever since this the car has been down on power. I have read some of your posts, about Retraining the ECU - i have tried this myself. But still no improvement. Does anyone know what else would be wrong or what else i could try??

#18 ·
Hi
Great idea, but can anyone point me to where I can find my radiator fan switch.
Too long winded to explain save to say I need to locate the bugger to check if it's F***ed.
Idiot at parts place supplied me with a an ac low pressure switch on Saturday.
Any help greatly appreciated!

#19 ·
Hi, can anyone help me. I have the same problem that a lot of people have on here that most say is a split pipe or dirty egr valve. I am trying to locate my egr valve but cannot find it. I have a 2002 TDCI 2.0ltr 130bhp Duratorq. I have looked at all the diagrams that say the egr is at the front left of the engine but mine isn't. Everything else looks pretty much the same but I just don't know where to look. Can anyone instruct me on where it is?

Carlo

#26 ·
Thought as much, seen some covers on ebay and after asking a seller if the one he was selling would fit he said no!, it looks the same as the one in the owners book that came with the car, with the oil filler and dipstick in the right place, any help with this would be great, such as a pic of the CORRECT type
This pic is of the type i think it is

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.