#1 anth1718

anth1718

Megger

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

hi all this is my first post and it apears to be a comman problem
i have a mondeo mk3 front foot well soaking wet rear damp the insulation in front footwell is soaking wet i have traced it up the bulkhead and it dries out nearer the area of the air intake i had the same problem in the summer thought i had fixed it i seald the plasic strip the scutle panel fits to onto the windscreen as every time i clicked the scutle panel in it poped off i also driled drain holes in the pollen filter housing and put a new filter in thought all was well
ive had the car parked up for about a week now and its rained lots and the problem is back so ive been out with the hose looked arould the pollen filter area. checked the door nothing near the passenger sill took out the pollen filter bone dry ive not toped up the water for months any help would be apprieced im fed up
mondeo mk3 1.8 petrol zetec 53 plate

#2 52graphite

52graphite

Defected to the posh side

• Members
  • 4,611 posts
  • 77 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:MB E220 CDI estate
  • Name:Mark
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Ford Mondeo (2002)
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:53 PM

Check the door membrane as detailed in lots of other threads. :L
my name is Mark.
2004 C-MAX Ghia 1.6 TDCi || 2006 Mercedes-Benz E220 CDI Avantgarde Estate
Gone but not forgotten: 2002 Mk3 1.8 Graphite in Magnum Grey on LPG ¦ Garage entry
Haynes manuals at Amazon: Mondeo Mk1 diesel ¦ Mk1/2 petrol ¦ Mk3 pre-face/facelift | C-MAX

#3 anth1718

anth1718

Megger

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

cheers mark
i carnt see anything on the sill or bottom of sill when i had the hose pipe on it but it wont do any harm to wip the door card off and have a look although i dont think its this the wetest part is up in the footwell

#4 anth1718

anth1718

Megger

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

well im going to rip the door card off shortly dont think this is the problem but its worth a look dose anybody have any ideas of what it might be or any tips to find the problem root other than drowning it with the hose tried that carnt find anything

#5 anth1718

anth1718

Megger

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

well ive had the door card off today and the membrain is fine and stuck down
i have a new idea i stript out the pollen filter and housing the sponge strip on the back of the housing is perished and dose not apear to be stuck to the bulk head so i tried poring water along the bulk head trof and if i poured it fast it woud run into the air intake also the nose of the car is alot higher than the rear so the theory is the water is running in the drivers side through the slots in the scutle panel and filling the bulk head trof and runing between the pollon filter housing and bulkhead if this is the case then me driling holes in the pollon filter housing to alow water out is proberly leting it in
also were the scutle panel attaches to the bulk head the foam strip is perished
does anybody have an opinion on this am i barking up the wrong tree? is there any photos anywere of people who have sealed this up?

#6 anth1718

anth1718

Megger

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

dose anybody have any ideas?

#7 129c

129c

Little Megger

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:MK3 Ghia X 2.0 Auto
  • Name:Paul

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

I have exactly the same problem in the rear offside footwell. Can someone please tell me how to remove the rear door card? I have removed the four screws from the edge and the one from behind the door release handle. There seems to be another in the centre somewhere but i cannot see where it is. Can someone please help me out?

#8 anth1718

anth1718

Megger

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

ive just done my front there is 2 screws on the front edge near the hinge two on rear edge near lock two on the bottom 1 behind door release handle you have to remove the cover for wing mirror as the door card has to slide up to release its to edge lastly 2 screws in the door pull handle under the plastic trim hope this helps
dont forget to undo the cable from the electric window switch if yours has one you have to pull the door card off slightly to get in to remove this hope this helps

#9 anth1718

anth1718

Megger

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

dose anybody have any ideas? just checked the drivers side and its raining the bulk head troff were the wiper motor is is full of water is this normal is the water running along here then entering the pasenger side via the pollon filter housing some water is runing out via iner wings

#10 anth1718

anth1718

Megger

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:04 AM

does anybody have any information how the drivers side and pasengers side scutle panels seal up and how to seal the pollon filter on the mk 3 many thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users