#1 DJR43

DJR43

DJ

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Mondeo

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

Can anyone please help enlighten me?

I have trawled thro the many posts regarding retrofitting USB. I have a 2007 (57 plate Oct 2007) with BT/VC, 7 inch Touchscreen DVD Sat Nav and Family multimedia system. The Aux input in the Glovebox works but is very annoying.

Happy to spend a few hundred quid to sort this out if possible but not proficient at re-wiring... My Local dealer is absolutely clueless.

Would really appreciate your help on this one.

Thanks.
Sea Grey Mondeo Mk4 2.5T Titanium X (57 Reg)
fitted Xtras -
Sunroof, DVD multimedia, Xenon's, Touch screen Sat Nav, P Sensors F&R, BT & VC,
Keyless entry, TPMS, ACC+Fwd alert & Hill assist, Sport Pack + X Sport body kit, Power Starter
button, Bilstein B8 lowered suspension, Privacy glass, 8 way Power Seats, Bluefin (260+bhp)

#2 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 865 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus mk3 Titanium

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

Can anyone please help enlighten me?

I have trawled thro the many posts regarding retrofitting USB. I have a 2007 (57 plate Oct 2007) with BT/VC, 7 inch Touchscreen DVD Sat Nav and Family multimedia system. The Aux input in the Glovebox works but is very annoying.

Happy to spend a few hundred quid to sort this out if possible but not proficient at re-wiring... My Local dealer is absolutely clueless.

Would really appreciate your help on this one.

Thanks.

First you will need SP 5.1 for your NX satnav, look here :-
http://www.talkford....51-for-nx-navi/

Then it's a case of change your BT module for the 8M5T-19C112-AM module and fit the following
1543450 control assy. headphone volume- in fact it's the USB socket
1550778 bezel
1543691 cable assy. - USB cable.

As yours is an early mk4 you will need to cut a hole in the glove box to fit the bezel.

Posted Image

You will also need to modify the AUX socket wiring as per dbeyzade's diagram but without the ground loop isolater, this means cutting the lead about half way from the socket and extend the wires to the BT module.

dbeyzade AUX wiring mods.jpg

Posted Image
This shows the wiring before it was bound.
Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Focus mk3 125ps Candy Red with city pack

#3 DJR43

DJR43

DJ

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

Thanks so much for your quick response. It is great to know it can be done. Any idea of a rough costs for the parts you have identified?

I hope this does not annoy you but how do I go about upgrading to SP5.1 software? After I had found/downloaded the update how do I upgrade the unit? Do I need some form of connector from laptop to NX unit or can it be written to a CD?

The pictures are great, but I fear I will need a little more guidance, in fact not sure a novice could do this, what do you think? Could a complete noviice do something like this without cocking everything up?
fitted Xtras -
Keyless entry, TPMS, ACC+Fwd alert & Hill assist, Sport Pack + X Sport body kit, Power Starter
button, Bilstein B8 lowered suspension, Privacy glass, 8 way Power Seats, Bluefin (260+bhp)

#4 The Artilleryman

The Artilleryman

Big Megger

• Members
  • 865 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus mk3 Titanium

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

Thanks so much for your quick response. It is great to know it can be done. Any idea of a rough costs for the parts you have identified?

I hope this does not annoy you but how do I go about upgrading to SP5.1 software? After I had found/downloaded the update how do I upgrade the unit? Do I need some form of connector from laptop to NX unit or can it be written to a CD?

The pictures are great, but I fear I will need a little more guidance, in fact not sure a novice could do this, what do you think? Could a complete noviice do something like this without cocking everything up?

Parts cost will be about £200, best price will probably be from http://www.fordpartsuk.com/

Somebody like RB2004 would be able to advise on upgrading to SP5.1 - as he's posted instructions on another Ford website (paid membership).

Wiring is straight forward, but should be done by somebody who has vehicle electrics experience (and who can solder in confined spaces, whithout putting down a hot soldering iron in the wrong place).

I tend to treat jobs like this as easy, as I have over 30 years experience of vehicle wiring - was easier in the old days, no canbus just solid wire connections between each component - and forget that others may not have my experience.
Mondeo mk1
Mondeo mk2
Mondeo mk3
Mondeo mk3 facelift
Mondeo mk4

Focus mk3 125ps Candy Red with city pack

#5 dexy

dexy

Driving Towards The Daylight

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus Zetec S

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

Hi.The 5.1 software update you downloaded should be an .iso file. This is a disc image, in windows 7 just right click it for the option to burn to a disc. In XP and Vista you will need to dowload a program
such as FreeIsoBurner to create the disc. Once you have the disc ready you need to take the navigation DVD out of the head unit and put in the disc you created and the update will start. Mine took 15-20 mins, once it is complete re-insert the Navigation disc. A word of warning though, once you upgrade to 5.1 software the 2007 Nav disc wont work. It has to be 2008 or later. HTH. :L

P.S If yours is a 2007 disc, there's a 2008 here for £25. http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item255dc858bd
2012 Focus Zetec S 2.0 163 TDCI Powershift. Frozen White
City Pack.
Front/Rear Park Sensors.
Sat Nav.
Privacy Glass.
Front/Rear Scuff Plates.
Door Edge Protectors.

#6 DJR43

DJR43

DJ

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:48 PM

Thanks guys,

Really appreciate your advice and knowledge.

Damien
fitted Xtras -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users