#1 GeorgeGhia

GeorgeGhia

Little Megger

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:34 AM

Hi All

Not been here for a while since someone wrote off my lovely mk2 ghia. Now that my brother is looking for a bigger car I've suggested a mk3 and I went to see a mk3 2.0 lx today. Generally speaking it drove really nicely but the clutch did not bite until the very top of the pedal travel and I thought I could hear a very slight engine rattle. With the car being a pre facelift I thought maybe the manifold flaps were the cause of the noise. The dealer had sent the car for an MOT today and it only failed on one rear spring which he would replace for it to get a ticket. The car was a bit rough bodily but to be fair it was priced accordingly and if it had been for myself I probably would have bought it.

This was the first mk3 I've driven so would appreciate advice on whether the high biting point is normal. My mk2 was like that but it's the only mk2 I've driven and I only did 10k in it before it was written off so maybe not long enough for any real problems to show themselves.

Cheers

George

#2 EVERTON2004

EVERTON2004

Bloody Mondeo owners..

• Members
  • 2,663 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:55 AM

If the bite point is right at the top of the pedal travel then it sounds like the clutch is not long for this world :kaffeetrinker_2:
2000 Tourmaline Green Ford Cougar V6 4x4

#3 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,033 posts
  • 388 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo tddi

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

clutch should bite mid or low if its high its on its way out.
51 plate ghia x tddi with extra oomph

Boost Pressure = ((MAP x 10) - BARO)/6.895 (use with F-Super readings)

My Blog http://abitoveverything.blogspot.co.uk

#4 sooty180

sooty180

MEG ROCKER

• Gold Member
  • 592 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Alfa 156 JTS

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

The rattle is probably the dual mass flywheel on it's way out, and a new clutch will bite at the bottom (lol), not the top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users