#21 M20_ANT

M20_ANT

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

:} at you guys.

I'm sorted now :woot: had a local locksmith come out and he got door unlocked in 5 seconds with his multi-key thingy..lol.

Cost me £40 which wasn't too bad in my opinion.

Just been to their premises and had a couple of basic keys cut, he also gave me the key code number for future reference.

Cheers again to you all for your help and advice............ And some good laughs to keep me smiling too ;)

Keep up the good work :driving:

#22 4x416v

4x416v

Back!

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 7,607 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:11 PM

glad it's sorted for you, your welcome for the laughs!;)
Mk1 Mondeo 2.0si 4x4
Mk3 Mondeo Final Facelift 2.0 Ghia X
My Mk1 4x4 diary:
http://www.talkford....80#entry1497480
What's next: Mk3 ST220 Final Facelift or Mk4 2.5T tit x

Talk to me about Winter / Summer tyres, wheels and chassis mods.

#23 M20_ANT

M20_ANT

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

glad it's sorted for you, your welcome for the laughs!;)

Lol... Ta muchly mate.

Wasn't sure how the battery bit would work, I've always been told when connecting/disconnecting battery to make sure the keys are out of the car as they can sometimes 'LOCK' themselves....

Still, ended up being a £40 fix which is a bit of a touch considering next cheapest option was a broken window, a £60 insurance excess and then no idea how long for a replacement, or a trip to the scrappers for a side glass and then aggro of fitting it in.

:L

#24 PSNI Mondeo

PSNI Mondeo

Resident Mad Man - HI

• Members
  • 1,899 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo MK3
  • Name:Chris Dermott

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

At my expense no doubt :banana: :blush: :}

If nobody threw about ideas, how boring would this place be?
2002 Ford Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X 130 TDCI (Ink Blue) **Without NOS =166.4bhp at 4141rpm and 238.3lbf/ft at 3018rpm /// With NOS =181.1bhp at 3607rpm and 294.6lbf/ft at 2929rpm **

Power & Handling: Celtic Tuning Remap / TDI UK Tuning Box / Wizards of Nos Kit / Long Life Stainless Steel Completly Straight Through Exhaust / Wingspeed Decat / Turbo Resonator Removed / K&N Panel Filter / MAF Cleaned / Fog Light Cold Air Feed / EGR Cleaned and Plated / Eibach Lowering Springs / Front EBC Grooved Discs and Red Stuff Pads..... Rear Mintex Discs and Pads / 4 Wheel Alignment / Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Winter Tyres / BP Ultimate / 6 Month Servicing Currently With Fuchs Race Pro S!!
Styling: Black Eyes / Black Grill / Black Lexus Tail Lights / LED Sidelights / Ring Sportz Blue H7's / Ring Rally H1's / Blue LED Footwell & Roof Lights / Blue ST Front Grill Badge / ST 170 Rear Badge / / Smoked side repeaters / Carbon Wrap Windscreen Pillars, Steering Wheel Spokes and Sun Visors / Blue Stitch Gaitor / JVC Player with aux/radio/cd/usb/ect)) / Black Headliner / Recaro Dark Blue Sill Decals / Bump Strips Removed / 17" Painted Black Ghia X Alloys / Painted Calipers and Shocks In Red / Rear Custom Sunshades (Tinted Windows) / G3 Front Wind Deflectors / TalkFord Window Decals ........................Picture of Car

#25 andy ghia x

andy ghia x

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:ford mondeo mk3

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:18 PM

What part of that is unrealistic? That is the simplest/cheapest solution possible. - Ofcourse axal stands would be better as towing a car with the handbrake on can be done but not ideal but wouldnt be too much of a problem if the kerb was close to his house. Two jacks and an improvised axal stand would be another option to get under the car safely.

Also there is guys to call for this kind of thing. I did that to our old vauxhall calvalir outside a rover showroom lol and the guy came out with a coat hanger and had the car open in 20 seconds flat

But the battery idea is tried and tested and would probably be easier/cheaper.

hi there

that won't work on a deadlocked car. you need power to de-activate the deadlocks. there is a way, but it's not for a public forum.

as the op has said, he needs a new windscreen, so it would be easier to get in that way for the keys.

hth
OBD-II scans in Lanarkshire using Autel MS509 ,Just ask.

Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2003 2.0 16v petrol.

#26 PSNI Mondeo

PSNI Mondeo

Resident Mad Man - HI

• Members
  • 1,899 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo MK3
  • Name:Chris Dermott

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

Your a bit late - we could of had more laughs :} ....... or not as the case may be :whistling:
2002 Ford Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X 130 TDCI (Ink Blue) **Without NOS =166.4bhp at 4141rpm and 238.3lbf/ft at 3018rpm /// With NOS =181.1bhp at 3607rpm and 294.6lbf/ft at 2929rpm **

Power & Handling: Celtic Tuning Remap / TDI UK Tuning Box / Wizards of Nos Kit / Long Life Stainless Steel Completly Straight Through Exhaust / Wingspeed Decat / Turbo Resonator Removed / K&N Panel Filter / MAF Cleaned / Fog Light Cold Air Feed / EGR Cleaned and Plated / Eibach Lowering Springs / Front EBC Grooved Discs and Red Stuff Pads..... Rear Mintex Discs and Pads / 4 Wheel Alignment / Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Winter Tyres / BP Ultimate / 6 Month Servicing Currently With Fuchs Race Pro S!!
Styling: Black Eyes / Black Grill / Black Lexus Tail Lights / LED Sidelights / Ring Sportz Blue H7's / Ring Rally H1's / Blue LED Footwell & Roof Lights / Blue ST Front Grill Badge / ST 170 Rear Badge / / Smoked side repeaters / Carbon Wrap Windscreen Pillars, Steering Wheel Spokes and Sun Visors / Blue Stitch Gaitor / JVC Player with aux/radio/cd/usb/ect)) / Black Headliner / Recaro Dark Blue Sill Decals / Bump Strips Removed / 17" Painted Black Ghia X Alloys / Painted Calipers and Shocks In Red / Rear Custom Sunshades (Tinted Windows) / G3 Front Wind Deflectors / TalkFord Window Decals ........................Picture of Car

#27 ponsaloti

ponsaloti

Megger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

I cant believe some of the comments on here. Some of you lot are completly off you trolley's
CALL A BLOODY LOCKSMITH, I would charge you £45 +vat and there would be NO DAMAGE but unfortunatly the Roman/first capital of england is just a tad out of my area.
Good luck, dont be smashing any windows.

Ps Even after this, most wont go and get a spare key.
castle.locks
benfleet

#28 thecookster

thecookster

thecookster

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2004 Mondeo Mk3 TDCi

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:08 PM

I cant believe some of the comments on here. Some of you lot are completly off you trolley's
CALL A BLOODY LOCKSMITH, I would charge you £45 +vat and there would be NO DAMAGE but unfortunatly the Roman/first capital of england is just a tad out of my area.
Good luck, dont be smashing any windows.

^^^ See Post #21.. that's exactly what he did! Posted Image ^^^

#29 ponsaloti

ponsaloti

Megger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Oi, Can I get of me bloody soapbox now :blush:
castle.locks
benfleet

#30 andy ghia x

andy ghia x

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 849 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:ford mondeo mk3

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

scarily, this will be the case with a lot of owners. <_<
OBD-II scans in Lanarkshire using Autel MS509 ,Just ask.

Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2003 2.0 16v petrol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users