#1 Steve_B

Steve_B

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk 4, 2.5T

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

I've got a Mondeo Mk 4 Titanium X Sport with xenon headlights. they used to be great but after taking it in for some work the dealer adjusted the lights way down so that the dip beam is cut off about two car lengths ahead, driving on country roads in the dark is positively dangerous.

So my question is how do I adjust the lights? It's really frustrating because in the 'good old days' adjusting the lights would have been a two minute job, quick tweak of a screw and job done. I cant even find any manual adjuster on the Mondeo. There are a couple of large nylon allen socket screws but turning these appears to have no effect on anything.

Please don't tell me to take it back to the dealer....

Steve

#2 Neil Davies

Neil Davies

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Ti X 2007

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

You were in the right place. The white allen key bolts are the ones. The one on the outer edge of the light adjusts left to right, the inner one does up and down. I had my lights pointing at a wall about 50 yards away and could see them moving slowly as I was adjusting them.

Both my Mondeo and my wife's 307cc had lights adjusted way too low for my liking when we had them. My friend's Citroen C4 is the same too.

2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi 140 Thunder Grey with sat nav
2007 Peugeot 307cc 2.0Hdi 136 Sport

#3 4titx

4titx

Over Enthusiastic

• Gold Member
  • 5,374 posts
  • 206 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 4 Titx
  • Name:Phil

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

Is there a trend to set these low now, because they seem to be dazzling drivers I wonder, which still gives good illuminated area in front of the car but reduces the dip beam range of course?

In the case of your Bi Xenon Steve_B has it substantially reduce the long range too though your ordinary main beams will come on too then?
LEDs, whats your Watts.
2.0 TDCi TitX in Hypnotic Silver

Dont thank me, thank him. I'm just the messenger.

#4 shipmand56

shipmand56

Megger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

Is there a trend to set these low now, because they seem to be dazzling drivers I wonder, which still gives good illuminated area in front of the car but reduces the dip beam range of course?

In the case of your Bi Xenon Steve_B has it substantially reduce the long range too though your ordinary main beams will come on too then?

Are these lights not required to be 'Self Leveling' - and if the lights are now adjustable what exactly is the point of this 'Self leveling'?
David
Mondeo Mk IV 2.2 TDCi Tit X ACC/ IVDC Front/Rear Park Sensors etc.

#5 Steve_B

Steve_B

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk 4, 2.5T

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like I had the correct adjusters but just didn't turn them enough. I had the car only two or three meters from the wall so might not have been able to see small movement. Just to confirm; full beam is ok, it's just the dip that is cut off too low.

Regarding self levelling.. yes I believe they are self level but you can still manually adjust the 'centre point' about which they automatically self level. All self levelling lights can be manually adjusted in this way.

thanks
Steve

#6 wh0s_the_daddy

wh0s_the_daddy

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo mk4 estate
  • My Fuel Logs
    Average MPG:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Old topic, but is there a diagram anywhere or a measurement so I can adjust my retrofitted xenon lights to a "centre point".

Does this seem about right ?

http://www.lancerreg...553&postcount=2

I know how to adjust them using the 2 manual adjusters but I want to adjust them so they sit correctly at a centre point until I can get this damn servo levellers to work

2010 Mondeo MK4 Zetec Estate 2.0TDCi NOW WITH- Privacy Glass - Convers+ fitted - rear light brake light mod - 18" Focus tiianium wheels - HID projector lamps - LED side lights - Sport front fogs WITH DRL modification - Sport front grille upper & lower - sport front bumper lower skirt - rear tailgate spoiler - sport / titanium rear bumper skirt - MK4.5 mirror indicators with wing indicators removed and MK4.5 S badge in their place - Twin exhaust set up, FR & RR parking sensors..... Sport sideskirts fitted soon and a Bluefin.....

#7 Chuckie

Chuckie

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2010 Mondeo Titanium
  • Name:Kevin

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

Just the information that i was looking for.

I will also need to do this, got nice bright bulbs in my headlights but the throw is only about 1 car in front which i dont like, when im driving at night i am watching more than 1 cat length in front so need it a good bit further especially on unlit roads.

Great forum this 

Kev

2010 Mondeo Titanium
Midnight Sky
2.0tdci
140bhp
Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, Dual Zone Climate Control, Cruise Control, Speed Limiter, Bluetooth, DRL, Rear Privacy Glass, Front and Rear Parking Sensors
9 Speaker Sony DAB Radio
Convers + Display

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users