spawn_e_git

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

Hi.

Problem with 2003 (52) Mondeo TDCI 115.

If I put my foot down from a low-ish speed in a high gear, the car starts to accelerate and gets to about 2500 rpm and then a quick judder and then the glow plug light starts flashing.

Car run OK but with reduced power.

Switch the car off, wait ten seconds and start again and all is well.

The car drives perfect whilst the loght is off and is still very drivable when the light is on although with reduced power.

The fault codes were read by a local garage tonight and only three registered were

P0251 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "A" Malfunction (Cam/Rotor/Injector)

P1664 (not listed in Wiki)

P1665 (not listed in Wiki).

Any ideas what this could be?

The Autodata description told of Injector ECM wiring and to chekc the wiring but why only when under acceleration?

This page:

Here

States:

P1664 FIP (Fuel Injection Pump) malfunction (possible air ingress in low pressure fuel side)
P1665 FIP (Fuel Injection Pump) communication with PCM

Any ideas?

#2 barrie m

barrie m

TF regular

• Members
  • 1,385 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:s-max 2.5t titanium

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

when was fuel filter last changed? worth replacing anyway

check all connections etc

then a leak off test of injectors

if these prove all ok then try a new metering valve

#3 spawn_e_git

spawn_e_git

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

EEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Just checked the service log and it was serviced at 95,430 miles November 2009.

The clock now shows 118K

I knew it was due for a service, I just didn;t realise I have done that many miles.

I'll change the filter and see if it still happens.

#4 spawn_e_git

spawn_e_git

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

EEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Just checked the service log and it was serviced at 95,430 miles November 2009.

The clock now shows 118K

I knew it was due for a service, I just didn;t realise I have done that many miles.

I'll change the filter and see if it still happens.

Changed the filter but still the same.

Looks like an expensive trip to the garage.....

#5 spawn_e_git

spawn_e_git

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

Got the results back.

Excessive leak-off on all four injectors. One injector was leaking off 40mm in 30 seconds.

I had all four injectors reconditioned and guaranteed for a year, they also replaced the leak-off pipe system as this was split and leaking diesel over the rocker cover.

£904.70 inc VAT.

Looks like I'll be getting rid of within the next year.

Car drives so much better now though, no black smoke under acceleration, smotther idling.

Just waiting for the next expensive part to fail on this heap.....

After having the DMF go in October and now this, I think I'l' steer clear of Ford from now on.

#6 PSNI Mondeo

PSNI Mondeo

Resident Mad Man - HI

• Members
  • 1,899 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo MK3
  • Name:Chris Dermott

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

Just waiting for the next expensive part to fail on this heap.....
After having the DMF go in October and now this, I think I'l' steer clear of Ford from now on.

Your last two sentences made my blood boil.

I think i will defend the Mondeo and Ford...................You let it run for 23 thousand miles!! with no service - maybe you should of looked after it :rolleyes:

In 23k my car would of had 3 services whereas yours had none. :smoking:

Cars love new oil and filters, treat it well and it will treat you well.

6 month/8 k service shedules are a must for any car enthusiast with the best parts. The cost of broken parts far out weight the servicing.

Have you looked into getting a Vauxhall Vectra? :whistling:
2002 Ford Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X 130 TDCI (Ink Blue) **Without NOS =166.4bhp at 4141rpm and 238.3lbf/ft at 3018rpm /// With NOS =181.1bhp at 3607rpm and 294.6lbf/ft at 2929rpm **

Power & Handling: Celtic Tuning Remap / TDI UK Tuning Box / Wizards of Nos Kit / Long Life Stainless Steel Completly Straight Through Exhaust / Wingspeed Decat / Turbo Resonator Removed / K&N Panel Filter / MAF Cleaned / Fog Light Cold Air Feed / EGR Cleaned and Plated / Eibach Lowering Springs / Front EBC Grooved Discs and Red Stuff Pads..... Rear Mintex Discs and Pads / 4 Wheel Alignment / Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Winter Tyres / BP Ultimate / 6 Month Servicing Currently With Fuchs Race Pro S!!
Styling: Black Eyes / Black Grill / Black Lexus Tail Lights / LED Sidelights / Ring Sportz Blue H7's / Ring Rally H1's / Blue LED Footwell & Roof Lights / Blue ST Front Grill Badge / ST 170 Rear Badge / / Smoked side repeaters / Carbon Wrap Windscreen Pillars, Steering Wheel Spokes and Sun Visors / Blue Stitch Gaitor / JVC Player with aux/radio/cd/usb/ect)) / Black Headliner / Recaro Dark Blue Sill Decals / Bump Strips Removed / 17" Painted Black Ghia X Alloys / Painted Calipers and Shocks In Red / Rear Custom Sunshades (Tinted Windows) / G3 Front Wind Deflectors / TalkFord Window Decals ........................Picture of Car

#7 spawn_e_git

spawn_e_git

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

Your last two sentences made my blood boil.

I think i will defend the Mondeo and Ford...................You let it run for 23 thousand miles!! with no service - maybe you should of looked after it :rolleyes:

In 23k my car would of had 3 services whereas yours had none. :smoking:

Cars love new oil and filters, treat it well and it will treat you well.

6 month/8 k service shedules are a must for any car enthusiast with the best parts. The cost of broken parts far out weight the servicing.

Have you looked into getting a Vauxhall Vectra? :whistling:

Well let your blood bouil my son. Boil away.

I did not realise I had done that many miles. I travel alot with my job and the last year did not do so much flying overseas so I clocked the miles going back and forth to the office.

I am not a car enthusiast, just someone who needs a reliable car to get to work and back.

What would servicing have done to stop the DMF failing?

What would it have done to stop the injectors considering the fuel pump is AFTER the fuel filter?

ford do not recommend 6K services but obviousdly you know best...........

#8 b_ellebaut

b_ellebaut

Megger

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3 2.0L

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

Well, as it is after the fuel filter, an old filter won't filter as good as a new one, which allows partikels to go through, which will destroy your injectors as they try to push them through
- Ford Mondeo 2.0 TD[color:red]CI[/color] 130 pk,10/03/2003, EURO 3 engine ; Remapped to 163 HP 385Nm
EGR blanked off, K&N panel filter, parking sensors fitted, DRL lights, smoked side repeaters, iphone carkit self made, 7500K H7, H1 bulbs, black rear lights, blue dash lights
- Ford Fiesta 1.25 16V Mk4 Ghia, Pioneer sub 800W RMS

#9 PSNI Mondeo

PSNI Mondeo

Resident Mad Man - HI

• Members
  • 1,899 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo MK3
  • Name:Chris Dermott

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

POPULAR

Yeah what he said. :tonofbricks:

Yeah well 8k suits me fine. Keeps new oil circulating nicely lubricating the componants and collecting harmful particles in my shiny new oil filter. The the fuel can flow freely throw the nice and clean fuel filter doing its job protecting the injectors and engine. No clogging, no issues.

Id have 8k over 23k anyday. Its a mistake which we all make but that was a big one.

Plus if i set my servicing distance lower if i over run my schedule i will catch on before 10k which is still below the recommended amount. No problems, no isues and a reliable car to get me to work.

Yes you made a mistake which i understand - too much work, busy, didnt realise how many miles you were doing ect Yeah thats fair enough but dont say i think i will stay clear of Ford, because of a mistake you made.

If you let any other car massivly over run its service im sure something will go wrong. :rolleyes:

Im not having a go at you personally as i dont know you so no need to get angry - i just have a problem with those two sentences Realise your mistake and move on. Be nice to your car. Give it some Castrol Magnatec and BP Ultimate and say sorry. :} Maybe a wee wax on its manufacting Birthday :huh:
  • Alanjd likes this
2002 Ford Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X 130 TDCI (Ink Blue) **Without NOS =166.4bhp at 4141rpm and 238.3lbf/ft at 3018rpm /// With NOS =181.1bhp at 3607rpm and 294.6lbf/ft at 2929rpm **

Power & Handling: Celtic Tuning Remap / TDI UK Tuning Box / Wizards of Nos Kit / Long Life Stainless Steel Completly Straight Through Exhaust / Wingspeed Decat / Turbo Resonator Removed / K&N Panel Filter / MAF Cleaned / Fog Light Cold Air Feed / EGR Cleaned and Plated / Eibach Lowering Springs / Front EBC Grooved Discs and Red Stuff Pads..... Rear Mintex Discs and Pads / 4 Wheel Alignment / Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Winter Tyres / BP Ultimate / 6 Month Servicing Currently With Fuchs Race Pro S!!
Styling: Black Eyes / Black Grill / Black Lexus Tail Lights / LED Sidelights / Ring Sportz Blue H7's / Ring Rally H1's / Blue LED Footwell & Roof Lights / Blue ST Front Grill Badge / ST 170 Rear Badge / / Smoked side repeaters / Carbon Wrap Windscreen Pillars, Steering Wheel Spokes and Sun Visors / Blue Stitch Gaitor / JVC Player with aux/radio/cd/usb/ect)) / Black Headliner / Recaro Dark Blue Sill Decals / Bump Strips Removed / 17" Painted Black Ghia X Alloys / Painted Calipers and Shocks In Red / Rear Custom Sunshades (Tinted Windows) / G3 Front Wind Deflectors / TalkFord Window Decals ........................Picture of Car

#10 b_ellebaut

b_ellebaut

Megger

• Members
  • 1,077 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3 2.0L

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

Yeah what he said. :tonofbricks:

If i'm wrong. Tell me.
- Ford Mondeo 2.0 TD[color:red]CI[/color] 130 pk,10/03/2003, EURO 3 engine ; Remapped to 163 HP 385Nm
EGR blanked off, K&N panel filter, parking sensors fitted, DRL lights, smoked side repeaters, iphone carkit self made, 7500K H7, H1 bulbs, black rear lights, blue dash lights
- Ford Fiesta 1.25 16V Mk4 Ghia, Pioneer sub 800W RMS

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users