kelcam2

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:MK 2.0ltr diesel
  • Name:George

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

I have a 2009 2.0l TDCI zetec and today and a engine malfunction warning has appeared on the display unit in the car. I have gone through the handbook and done as it said but when i go to the messages section on the car display unit it then says NO MESSAGES. Any Ideas?

#2 kilukarp

kilukarp

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

I have a 2009 2.0l TDCI zetec and today and a engine malfunction warning has appeared on the display unit in the car. I have gone through the handbook and done as it said but when i go to the messages section on the car display unit it then says NO MESSAGES. Any Ideas?

No idea! Happend the same month ago: brand new 2010 2,0 TDCI 110HP - went to service. They said that radiator shutter motor was broken. Was replaced. Just week after the replacement malfunction warning appeared again. :unsure:

#3 originalpickaxe

originalpickaxe

Little Megger

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

Had this come up on my 2.0 Tdci today with no obvious reason for it when I started the engine.

I switched off and waited a couple of minutes and everything was normal again - hopefully just a one off glitch.

However it's booked into Ford's next week for a routine oil & filter change so over the next few days i shall pay very close attention to this issue which hopefully won't re-appear.

If need be i will get them to give it the once over then.

Presumably this warning is the equivilent of the old flashing glow plug warning on the Mk 3 mondy?

I've had a warning come up once before that suggested a malfunction in the headlamp system (not the bulb failure one-but a more serious problem). On that occassion the lights were fine but i turned everything off and did a complete re-start and the warning has never re-occured since - a definate glitch that time.

#4 originalpickaxe

originalpickaxe

Little Megger

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:13 AM

Further to my earlier post on this, the engine malfunction has appeared again.

I notice that it is accompanied in the upper dash warning light area with a static symbol for the ESP system.

The malfunction message says "ok to close" I did this and it goes away leaving just the ESP light staying on.

Shutting down the engine and re-starting clears the problem.

However this is twice in 24 hours that this has happened so fortunately I already have a previous appt booked at Ford's so I will ask them to check this out also.

Any suggestions on causes would be most welcome.

#5 Craig140

Craig140

Big Megger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

Further to my earlier post on this, the engine malfunction has appeared again.

I notice that it is accompanied in the upper dash warning light area with a static symbol for the ESP system.

The malfunction message says "ok to close" I did this and it goes away leaving just the ESP light staying on.

Shutting down the engine and re-starting clears the problem.

However this is twice in 24 hours that this has happened so fortunately I already have a previous appt booked at Ford's so I will ask them to check this out also.

Any suggestions on causes would be most welcome.

Hi, probably warning that several regeneration attempts have been made in a short period of time (couple of days), but they haven't been able to be completed, either because the engine's been switched off before completion, or maybe that the engine was ticking over too long during a regeneration. So it's started coking the soot in the DPF, but not got rid of enough of it for the ECU to be happy because the process has probably been interrupted.

Could be worth taking the car to the local dual carriageway, and when the temp is at normal, hold it at 3,000rpm in third (about 52-53mph) for a couple of miles. This should kick-start the regeneration, then another 5 mins driving should get it thoroughly cleaned out. Try and keep the revs above 2,000 if you can.

#6 originalpickaxe

originalpickaxe

Little Megger

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hi, probably warning that several regeneration attempts have been made in a short period of time (couple of days), but they haven't been able to be completed, either because the engine's been switched off before completion, or maybe that the engine was ticking over too long during a regeneration. So it's started coking the soot in the DPF, but not got rid of enough of it for the ECU to be happy because the process has probably been interrupted.

Could be worth taking the car to the local dual carriageway, and when the temp is at normal, hold it at 3,000rpm in third (about 52-53mph) for a couple of miles. This should kick-start the regeneration, then another 5 mins driving should get it thoroughly cleaned out. Try and keep the revs above 2,000 if you can.

Gordon Bennett , thanks for the advice I will have to try this out.

Is this outlined in the handbook anywhere , if so what page?

I thought when I got My Mk 4 mondy it was gonna be a normal car and not something that Marty McFly and the mad Professer had conjured up down the garden shed.

Anybody know where abouts under the bonnet I can find the Flux Capacitor?? I fancy going into the future for next weeks lotto numbers........................

#7 Craig140

Craig140

Big Megger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

Gordon Bennett , thanks for the advice I will have to try this out.

Is this outlined in the handbook anywhere , if so what page?

I thought when I got My Mk 4 mondy it was gonna be a normal car and not something that Marty McFly and the mad Professer had conjured up down the garden shed.

Anybody know where abouts under the bonnet I can find the Flux Capacitor?? I fancy going into the future for next weeks lotto numbers........................

It is in the manual but only half a page, and I can't remember exactly where. Warming it up thoroughly then a 10-15 minute run on open roads should sort it. You don't need to blast it hard, just get the revs up to 3,000 or so in 3rd or 4th and hold it there for a couple of minutes and that should kick things off.

#8 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 4,557 posts
  • 79 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2014 A3 Saloon

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hi, yes all you have to do is get the exhaust hot enough to trigger the regen. I've just done my monthly 20 mile round trip to kick in the regen. I don't have to drive it that fast, even 50 mph in third is enough to get things 'toasty'.
Chris

2013 Fiesta Titanium X       2014 A3 Saloon 1.4 TFSI S-Line
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost          Daytona Grey
Candy Blue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users