#1 coffeeguy

coffeeguy

Little Megger

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:08MondeoMk4Titanium

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

After my car has given me a lot of technical problems over the past few weeks, today it is running as it should, and I decided to replace the windscreen wipers. I mounted one ok (left, drivers side), and I removed the other arm in order to fit a new blade, and as I reached for the new blade the arm fell on the windscreen and made a crack 10 inches long!!!
It is very hard to find a heated windscreen with the rain sensors, even used, but in one service they told me that they never had Mondeo screens with rain sensors, and I was wondering is there a possibility to remove my old sensor and replace the windscreen and then mount my original sensor back.
I see that on Mondeospares they selling Windscreen and a rain sensor not WITH a rain sensor..
http://shop.mondeosp...-2007-930-p.asp
So is there a possibility to install my existing sensor onto the new screen?

'03. Mondeo Ghia X, TDCi 131PS Limousine, Panther black, Facelift---GONE
'08. Mondeo Mk4, Titanium, 2.2 TDCi, Limousine, Sea Grey-remaped
'05.Fiesta Comfort 1.4 Petrol

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mondeo Mk3 Moderator

• Mondeo Mk3 Moderator
  • 16,793 posts
  • 785 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Estate, TDCI 130 (6)

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

You refit your own sensor.

2004 TDCi 130 LX Estate. (6)

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ......... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE ........... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

#3 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,031 posts
  • 388 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo tddi

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

im guessing your not going through insurance because you havent got screen cover. but i would personally go through insurance.
51 plate ghia x tddi with extra oomph

Boost Pressure = ((MAP x 10) - BARO)/6.895 (use with F-Super readings)

My Blog http://abitoveverything.blogspot.co.uk

#4 coffeeguy

coffeeguy

Little Megger

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

im guessing your not going through insurance because you havent got screen cover. but i would personally go through insurance.

@PURPLE_2L_LX
So the screens (rain sensor and no rain sensor) are essentially the same, the only difference is whether you fit a rain sensor or not?

@totalguy

I haven't insured my screen. I have thought of insuring all of the glass and headlights, but I decided not to... And thinking of it I do not have a single reason for it.. I am guessing that it is a plain stupidity on play...

#5 jimbo24

jimbo24

Big Megger

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

The only difference between the two is the artwork that is the black band that runs around the edge of the screen. The screen with sensor will have artwork running down the centre from top of screen this is to hide the bracket that the sensor clips to hope this helps.
mk3 mondeo 1.8 lx panther black

Mods so far. led sidlights led door handles
led sub lighting led footwell lights K&N air filter Focus ghia alloys front fog lights
Mods to do Anything thats takes my fancy!!!!

#6 totalguy

totalguy

TDDI Buff

• Members
  • 37,031 posts
  • 388 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo tddi

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

@PURPLE_2L_LX
So the screens (rain sensor and no rain sensor) are essentially the same, the only difference is whether you fit a rain sensor or not?

@totalguy

I haven't insured my screen. I have thought of insuring all of the glass and headlights, but I decided not to... And thinking of it I do not have a single reason for it.. I am guessing that it is a plain stupidity on play...

i find it almost essential to insure my windscreen minimum. not sure if i got glass cover for other windows but i doubt id claim on that part if i did. i dont know how much a new screen would cost so ill guess around £200 and £70 is better than 200 for me. i used to have 3rd party fire and theft which included windscreen cover and suprisingly covered for driving other cars 3rd party and it was at no extra cost. at that time windscreen excess was cheaper yet you go upto fully comp then the excess goes up which is stupid really.
51 plate ghia x tddi with extra oomph

Boost Pressure = ((MAP x 10) - BARO)/6.895 (use with F-Super readings)

My Blog http://abitoveverything.blogspot.co.uk

#7 coffeeguy

coffeeguy

Little Megger

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

i find it almost essential to insure my windscreen minimum. not sure if i got glass cover for other windows but i doubt id claim on that part if i did. i dont know how much a new screen would cost so ill guess around £200 and £70 is better than 200 for me. i used to have 3rd party fire and theft which included windscreen cover and suprisingly covered for driving other cars 3rd party and it was at no extra cost. at that time windscreen excess was cheaper yet you go upto fully comp then the excess goes up which is stupid really.

@jimbo24
Thank you for explaining the differences between the windscreens... I will probably go with the second hand screen I've found for appx 100EUR. New is around 380 EUR so I have the financial reasoning for doing it..
If the new screen does not have that artwork in the middle I can live with it
@PURPLE_2L_LX
You are 100% correct, and if did so, I would saved much more money, since my car was scratched (both right doors, and a back) on the parking, by, I am guessing, couple of Chinese guys carrying some load on a trolley, and someone has broken my headlamp washer covers, probably by trying to park his/hers car.. So I would be better with the insurance..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users