Little Megger

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 1.8
  • Name:Kosmas

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi to everyone

I'm thinking to install LPG and I'd to know if anyone has something to advice me concerning this mod.
Please I'd like some help concerning this because I hear many opinions of doing this or not.
Should i install valve lubricant or not.
Should I be aware of something?

Please help.

Thank you in advance
Ford Mondeo 1.8 petrol hach facelift (2004)

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mondeo Mk3 Moderator

• Mondeo Mk3 Moderator
  • 16,569 posts
  • 775 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Estate, TDCI 130 (6)

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

Depends on the price difference, LPG is increasing in price over the next few years.

Over here your looking at £1500 - £2000 for a decent quality kit with valve lube. They do seem to recommend this for these
engines.

£2000 buys a lot of fuel, 15,000 miles worth? So if LPG is half price you need to do 30,000 before it pays for itself and starts to
actually save you money.

2004 TDCi 130 LX Estate. (6)

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ......... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE ........... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

#3 bigjl

bigjl

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2005 Mondeo TDCi 130

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

A mate put LPG on a Subaru Legact. He saved a fortune in fuel and the car was fine till it developed a slight misfire on tickover. Then it failed the MOT on emissions and it.turned out to have two knackerd valves. He didn't use Flashlube but after the top end rebuild he now uses it. Not in the auto system but he adds it to the tank i think, and runs it off the petrol tank a couple.of.times a week i think.

He did well over 100k on LPG and knew about Flashlube but took the chance in no fitting the auto system when he had the LPG kit fitted.

Due to the price increases he is considering going back to diesel. I have recommended a mk3 TDCi for cheap purchase or a mk4 without a DPF for long term use. He does 35k a year so long term use of an older car, such as my 2005 TDCi would not be viable.

#4 52graphite

52graphite

Defected to the posh side

• Members
  • 4,610 posts
  • 77 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:MB E220 CDI estate
  • Name:Mark
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Ford Mondeo (2002)
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

I have 56k miles on my Prins VSI system with Flashlube, which cost me £1800 when installed in mid-2008.

Garage mod entry: http://www.talkford....ds__mod_id__413

It's more than paid for itself in that time and has presented no problems at all, breezing through emissions tests. Other than the slight reduction in boot space ( :} ) and the longer filling time, there are no downsides. See my fuel consumption results at the "fuel log" link below, although note that the overall cost per mile is distorted by historic low fuel costs. I pay roughly 1p/mile average for petrol, which it starts on, and roughly 1p/mile on Flashlube. Overall, it works out to about mid-50s mpg on current diesel prices, with petrol simplicity, cleanness (I can run the engine the my garage with no problems) and smoothness.

As the UK government is reducing the duty difference between petrol/diesel and LPG, it is becoming much less worthwhile to fit LPG now. Today, I'd probably use the extra money to get a tidy diesel instead. You'd have to do the maths yourself for Greece.
my name is Mark.
2004 C-MAX Ghia 1.6 TDCi || 2006 Mercedes-Benz E220 CDI Avantgarde Estate
Gone but not forgotten: 2002 Mk3 1.8 Graphite in Magnum Grey on LPG ¦ Garage entry
Haynes manuals at Amazon: Mondeo Mk1 diesel ¦ Mk1/2 petrol ¦ Mk3 pre-face/facelift | C-MAX

#5 mondeotdci130

mondeotdci130

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 3,099 posts
  • 35 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:59 Chevvy
  • Name:Steve....Tamworth

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

Proton fit LPG (with lube) and seem quite popular, but i cant risk problems with needing a reliable economical car

Formidable based near Tamworth...,

can read/code and show live data

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users