Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Iain Balmer

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:42 AM

Hi,

Got into my car this morning and switch my radio on. To my surprise no sound came out of the radio. Worrying times I thought. I checked to see if the CD would play and I could hear that and then changed the radio to FM and could hear Radio 1. Went back to the DAB and still no sound.

The radio is a 6CD DAB Sony radio Head unit.

Has anyone had this?? Anyone have a solution to my problem. Will contact my local Ford garage to get it booked in, but thought I could get an answer on here quickier than waiting a few days to get my car booked in.

Many thanks for any help given

Iain Balmer

#2 Mondeo-hopeful

Mondeo-hopeful

Megger

• Members
  • 3,389 posts
  • 161 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Tit X Sport 4

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

Was this radio retro fitted?
BLUETOOTH MODULE INFO www.talkford.com/topic/147387-please-help-for-btvc/page__p__1403226#entry1403226
Check your CONVERS+ version www.talkford.com/topic/154824-convers-versions/
Check your SPECIFICATION on ETIS here http://www.etis.ford...5707F2.fcvas509
To search the forum more effectively go to google.co.uk add the following to the search box :site talkford mondeo mk4 <your query> e.g :site talkford mondeo mk4 bluetooth

09 2.2 Tit X Sport, Hypno Silver, options are keyless entry, privacy glass, 8 Way Powered Drivers Seat

#3 Iain Balmer

Iain Balmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

Was this radio retro fitted?

Hi, yes it was retro fitted, but was working fine before.

#4 Mondeo-hopeful

Mondeo-hopeful

Megger

• Members
  • 3,389 posts
  • 161 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Tit X Sport 4

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

If the garage fitted it then I suppose they have to verify connections, if you've fitted it and the garage look at it they may check spec and refuse to honour the warranty.
BLUETOOTH MODULE INFO www.talkford.com/topic/147387-please-help-for-btvc/page__p__1403226#entry1403226
Check your CONVERS+ version www.talkford.com/topic/154824-convers-versions/
Check your SPECIFICATION on ETIS here http://www.etis.ford...5707F2.fcvas509
To search the forum more effectively go to google.co.uk add the following to the search box :site talkford mondeo mk4 <your query> e.g :site talkford mondeo mk4 bluetooth

09 2.2 Tit X Sport, Hypno Silver, options are keyless entry, privacy glass, 8 Way Powered Drivers Seat

#5 4titx

4titx

Over Enthusiastic

• Gold Member
  • 5,374 posts
  • 206 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 4 Titx
  • Name:Phil

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:13 AM

Hi,

Got into my car this morning and switch my radio on. To my surprise no sound came out of the radio. Worrying times I thought. I checked to see if the CD would play and I could hear that and then changed the radio to FM and could hear Radio 1. Went back to the DAB and still no sound.

The radio is a 6CD DAB Sony radio Head unit.

Has anyone had this?? Anyone have a solution to my problem. Will contact my local Ford garage to get it booked in, but thought I could get an answer on here quickier than waiting a few days to get my car booked in.

Many thanks for any help given

Iain Balmer

I take it that it seems to tune and find stations OK just no audio when DAB is selected?
LEDs, whats your Watts.
2.0 TDCi TitX in Hypnotic Silver

Dont thank me, thank him. I'm just the messenger.

#6 Iain Balmer

Iain Balmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:14 AM

4titx - that is correct.
Was retro fitted but was by a Ford garage.

#7 4titx

4titx

Over Enthusiastic

• Gold Member
  • 5,374 posts
  • 206 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 4 Titx
  • Name:Phil

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

Well at a guess its the radio (which you probably thought so anyway) as I dont believe theres any external input or control that discriminates whether programe input is DAB or not.
LEDs, whats your Watts.
2.0 TDCi TitX in Hypnotic Silver

Dont thank me, thank him. I'm just the messenger.

#8 Ian23

Ian23

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Momdeo 2.0 Titanium
  • Name:Ian Jones

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

I had the same happen in my brand new Mondeo. Reception on day 1, nothing the next. Dealer diagnosed a radio fault and the unit was replaced FOC

#9 Davman

Davman

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo estate

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

I had the same happen in my brand new Mondeo. Reception on day 1, nothing the next. Dealer diagnosed a radio fault and the unit was replaced FOC

Just received my brand new Mondeo titanium estate (11 plate) with a Sony CD DAB and get very bad reception/no reception when I select DAB radio. I have tried tuning it for the length of my commute along the M4 and get broken reception in parts but mainly no reception at all. In my previous car I used a PURE highway which gave excellent reception throughout the same journey so I doubt it is DAB signal strength.
I am considering sending back to dealer as I suspect the radio is faulty but wanted to check that it isn’t simply that the Sony DAB not up to the job.

After you had a new unit fitted did you get good DAB reception?

Cheers

#10 jms64

jms64

Little Megger

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

I too am having poor reception with the SONY DAB on my new Titanium X 11 plate. I have switched back to FM on the unit. DAB seems a waste of time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users