#1 awoodier

awoodier

Little Megger

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

A very minor one this:

When hitting the wiper stalk down, so that the wipers do one single right to left motion, the wipers stop whenever you let go of the stalk, so in order to obtain a complete wipe cycle you have to keep it held down until the wipers hit the bottom of the screen. Also affected is if you turn off the normal speed wipe mid way through a cycle: the wipers stop dead where they are.

Blown fuse or knackered stalk?

Thanks.

#2 EvoUK

EvoUK

Big Buttie Megger

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2000 Mondeo ST24
  • Name:Neil

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

Could be any of what you have mentioned. Check the fuse F20 and also the relay could be at fault too...R15 both in the passenger fusebox. Sounds like the relay. Does it click? If the rear wiper works ok then its not the fuse as they both use the same one.

Mondeo ST24 Medium Steel Blue

#3 siruncle

siruncle

missing the "view new content" button

• Mondeo Mk1&2 Moderator
  • 16,438 posts
  • 999 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2.0 ghia mk2
  • Name:Pete

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

most of the stalks are the same except the saloon (no rear wiper) now i'm not 100% on this but i think the mk1 estate stalk will give you intermittent rear wash wipe instead of constant wipe, don't know if mk2 estate one is same... just a thought as my hatch is constant and i wish it wasn't, so if i can find the estate one i'm going to try it. my advice, as above, check fuses and relays are not loose in the fusebox. but maybe stalk on way out.
From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/
2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver, now needing a pair of front jacking point covers... msg me

Ever noticed that putting "anal" in front of some ford model names makes them sound funny? Fiesta, Probe, Ranger. Explorer, Maverick etc... lol

#4 awoodier

awoodier

Little Megger

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

Cheers guys, I'll check out the fuses and relays first, fingers crossed...

#5 harby

harby

Little Megger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk1 24v
  • Name:Paul

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

This could also be the self park feature built into the wiper motor as the control stalk doesn't control the parking of the wipers, most wiper motors have a cam and switch built in to make them self park using a constant live feed that is broken by the switch when in the park position.
Mk1 Mondeo State Blue 1996 2.0 Ghia X saloon, 76,000 miles, 1 prev. owner, currently being restored.
RIP Mk1 Mondeo Nouveau Red 1995 24v saloon with full factory RS kit
Mk1 Fiesta 1981 1700cc kent engine with 244 cam, Ford motorsport IDF 40's, fiesta championship exhaust manifold, roller rockers, stage 3 ported head with unleaded stage 2 valves, balanced and pocketed 1300 pistons, fully balanced crank and clutch, polished, lightened and balanced conrods, rebuilt RS Turbo g'box, cortina sump, duplex chain, High pressure and flow oil pump, XR2 wiring and interior, rally arches, RS roof spoiler, RS steering wheel, 16" Dimma Compomotive 3 piece split rims, Headlamp wash, single wiper, harnesses, camber adjustable front suspension, nylon bushes all over, adjustable rear shocks, rear strut brace. 56,000 miles from new
ZZR1200 2002 in silver, 153,000 miles
Dodge Ram 1500 2002 5.7 Quad Cab

#6 awoodier

awoodier

Little Megger

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

This could also be the self park feature built into the wiper motor as the control stalk doesn't control the parking of the wipers, most wiper motors have a cam and switch built in to make them self park using a constant live feed that is broken by the switch when in the park position.

Got ya. I'll check the fuses and if no joy it sounds like i'll be swapping wiper motors over at some point then.

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users