• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.2 Ghia X
  • Name:Sie

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi all,newbie on here.
Got an 05 Mondeo 2.2 TDCI Ghia X & know very little about cars. :(

Driving home Yesterday & My A/C heater blower just stopped working,taking out both the heated front seats & radio/cd player.
Whilst the radio/cd restarted.Neither the heated seats or A/C heating displays came back on.

I checked the central fuse box & found that F65 (7.5) fuse had blown.All others relating to the heating or seats were fine.
I replaced the fuse & the displays to both the heating & seats now worked.
I turned the engine over & the fuse blew again.
Replaced the fuse once more & whilst the A/C display is showing up once more (& all buttons are operational) there is no air being blown into the car.Just a musty smell.

Any/all suggestions for what the problem may be,would be appreciated before I have to take it to a garage.
2005 Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCI Ghia X

#2 mickdj

mickdj

Little Megger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Ghia 130

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

#3 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 1,559 posts
  • 96 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:58 2.2l TDCi Estate
  • Name:Mike

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hi all,newbie on here.

Driving home Yesterday & My A/C heater blower just stopped working,taking out both the heated front seats & radio/cd player.
Whilst the radio/cd restarted.Neither the heated seats or A/C heating displays came back on.

I checked the central fuse box & found that F65 (7.5) fuse had blown.All others relating to the heating or seats were fine.
Replaced the fuse once more & whilst the A/C display is showing up once more (& all buttons are operational) there is no air being blown into the car.Just a musty smell.

Any/all suggestions for what the problem may be,would be appreciated before I have to take it to a garage.

Check F6 -40amp fuse that's specific to the blower motor

#4 salta

salta

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 5,531 posts
  • 368 thanks

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hi all,newbie on here.

hi sle .. sometimes a fuse may blow and a set of units wont work or one side of a lighting system goes down ..and this may be attributed to a blown fuse .. but in your case and yes there may be blown fuses .. but you have to ask why does the fuse blow and in most cases a fuse will blow on over load .. sometimes this overload is temporary .. i.e a bulb blows and the filament fuses across the connection wires in the bulb causing current to surge in the circuit and now a circuit which normally carries 7or 8 amps and is fused at 10. is carrying anything up to 20 to 30 amps monetarily and the fuse which is designed to carry a max.. of 10 instantly overheats and the metal in the fuse melts and breaks the circuit . In you case this has happened and becaue you have replaced it and it blew again this means there was a piece of apparatus in that circuit which has broken down just like the blown bulb in the above scenario . and this piece of apparatus must be isolated and removed and replaced by a new one . I suggest a good place to start looking would be the fan on the inlet air supply and also the resistor set on that fan ..s

Thanked by 1 Member:
Cowboysong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users