tomchill

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2006
  • Name:tom

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

I have put a new EGR valve on, checked all pipes for splits. I have just put in 4 new injectors but the car is still smoking any advice or ideas how to resolve this problem.

P.S. was in a Ford dealership last week for a diagnostic and no faults were found.

Thanks,

Tom

#2 peter scott

peter scott

???

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  • 294 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:04 Zetec130TDCi Eur3
  • Name:peter scott

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hi Tom,

What colour is the smoke? Black, white or blue?

Peter

F-Super Information ..................TDCi Injector Information

TDCi Injector Cleaning................Injector Leak-Off Test

Ford ETIS........                  ..  .........Peter's other interests .............. ....

#3 tomchill

tomchill

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

When it is very light acceleration it is white, when the turbo kicks in and under hard acceleration you get black smoke. No one seems to know what it is. I have been to delphi dealer as well as Ford dealer and none of them can find a fault.
Thanks for your reply
Tom

#4 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mondeo Mk3 Moderator

• Mondeo Mk3 Moderator
  • 16,602 posts
  • 776 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Estate, TDCI 130 (6)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Was it the same before the new injectors? Who supplied them? Did they come with new codes?

And were they coded to the car?

2004 TDCi 130 LX Estate. (6)

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ......... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE ........... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

#5 tomchill

tomchill

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

same amount of smoke as before when driving injecters was fitted at a delphi dealer. before they was fitted if u started when cold there would lots of white smoke a lot but now none and sounds a lot quieter to ps with new codes and coded to car

#6 salta

salta

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 5,531 posts
  • 368 thanks

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

I would go back to that Ford dealership . if its doing what you say then the motor definitly has a fault .. either in the turbo . pipe work or the injection ..or the egr .. but eitherway that dealership is just being lazy about it .. the motor has a fault .. it smoking and not performing . i would go back and demand they diagnose the motor properly . that is not satisfactory service from a main dealership. IF howeve you dont get satisfaction the i would try blanking the egr . first anyway . it will probably throw a dash light but thats no harm it can be cleared because it wouldent be the first time a new egr .was fitted and found faluty. s

#7 Micky

Micky

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 1,112 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

Op, you need to blank the EGR for greatest reduction in smoke under hard acceleration. Mine was worst on cold mornings after a few miles warming up on twisty back roads and then joining a dual carriageway. Did this for 70k miles plus, then fitted a GW blanking plate, there's still a hint on colder mornings but nothing like it was previously.

#8 tomchill

tomchill

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

Thanks to everyone for the replies can not do anything until Sunday will blank off EGR valve and if the same will take it back to Ford garage. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks,
Tom

#9 Micky

Micky

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 1,112 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

There's no need to tell Fruad about the blanking of the EGR (remove blank if you go back). Blank EGR, use a good fuel additive, run a couple of tanks through the thing, run it for 10 miles plus at 2k rpm plus to clear out the cr@p and then see if it smokes. I wouldn't be too concerned about smoke if the car is running OK.

Thanked by 1 Member:
tomchill

#10 tomchill

tomchill

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

the car runs fine after new injecters its just the smoke doing my head in. i have got a blanking plate with a 10mm hole in or should i use one without a hole in thanks for reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users