• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 irishlad

irishlad

Megger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

My girlfriend is haveing some bother with her 07 1.6 tdci focus she says the car is rough on start up in the mornings and alot more smokey than normel when she was driveing yesterday the car went into limp mode twice . When she came to my house i got her to rev the engine and the car just cut out she reved it a second time it was fine and third time it cut out agan so we went to my local garage but the were just leaving to go home after a days work the guy said it maybe the egr valve and to drop the car into them the following day which is today but she needed the car for work. We headed back to my house the car went into limp mode agan so when we got home i noticed there was a lot of oil around the turbo area such as underneat the air box etc i gave the area a clean to see today if it gets oily agan. The car got a full service about 6weeks ago all fiters were changed . Any body have any ideas what the problem maybe??

#2 lottysvdub

lottysvdub

Big Megger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Roush Cougar
  • Name:Ian

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

The tdci engine is one of the harder engines to diagnose problems on unless you have a decent diagnostic scan tool, it would be almost impossible to give you a correct answer without having some time on the car, it really needs to be scanned for some live data or for fault codes and further diagnosis. There is a good chance it could well be the egr valve as they tend to give the symptoms that your describing.
As for the oil leak around the airbox there's a good chance its coming from the engine breather pipe on the cam cover which has a very silly and delicate clip on it, if that fails or is damaged it will allow oil to push past the O ring and leak in that general area.
Good luck when you get it to a garage and keep us up to date with what they tell you
Roush cougar V6 melina blue ,st200 throttle body, upper and lower manifolds , st200 dual ram airbox  18's, 40mm drop ,
twin front strut brace , 3 way custom rear strut brace , Custom dials , Jvc dvd head unit upgrade speakers , 12 " sub with 1200watts of bass .
Nice shiney ST24 in stardust silver
New toy  56 Focus tdci ......... loving the mpg

www.southcoastcougars.com

#3 messyhead

messyhead

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Focus MkII
  • Name:Tony

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

My girlfriend is haveing some bother with her 07 1.6 tdci focus she says the car is rough on start up in the mornings and alot more smokey than normel when she was driveing yesterday the car went into limp mode twice . When she came to my house i got her to rev the engine and the car just cut out she reved it a second time it was fine and third time it cut out agan so we went to my local garage but the were just leaving to go home after a days work the guy said it maybe the egr valve and to drop the car into them the following day which is today but she needed the car for work. We headed back to my house the car went into limp mode agan so when we got home i noticed there was a lot of oil around the turbo area such as underneat the air box etc i gave the area a clean to see today if it gets oily agan. The car got a full service about 6weeks ago all fiters were changed . Any body have any ideas what the problem maybe??

This sounds like a similar problem I had on my 1.6TDCI. It wasn't as severe, but when driving along at constant speed, the engine would stutter and lose power. Turned out there was a split in the air inlet hose to the turbo, which was also leaking oil around the turbo. When I took it to the mechanic, he asked if I was loosing power even before I mentioned it. There's a sensor that feeds back to the fuel management and regulates the fuel/air mix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users