bigdougyx1

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo mk3
  • Name:Douglas

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi all,, brand neew on this forum!! needing aslight bit of assistance please!! I have a 2.0tddi Mondeo that has what seems to be a relutance not to vibrate rattle and knock!!

Basically i have replaced over the past few weeks the front near side wheel bearings and CV joint. I just done the offisde wheel bearing last week. Still major knock, rattle and squel! kinda like snap crackle and pop? :-) however major annoying and almost that bad i felt like i wanted to take it to a garage??

Anyway on investigation i have come to the conclusion that the inner joint on the driveshat is gone or the bearing on the drive shaft? from take off under relative accelaration knocks,, then kinda stops for a bit when no power is applied? then starts again with power.

Wanting to replace whole shaft on driver side? but to be fair i need to know the best way to get the shaft out? everything removed hub etc caliper all out the way? need a bit of help getting the shaft out for replacement?

any advice,,, will be greatly appreciated and input into problem aswell..... cheers thanks very much,, Dougy

#2 Anthonymark1986

Anthonymark1986

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3 tddi
  • Name:Anthony

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

I think on mine it just pulled out

#3 siruncle

siruncle

missing the "view new content" button

• Mondeo Mk1&2 Moderator
  • 16,526 posts
  • 1007 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2.0 ghia mk2
  • Name:Pete

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

usually they will either just pull out, or you'll need a prybar or similar to give it a bit of persuasion, there's a spring-type clip that you usually need to compress on the driveshafts way out that just keeps it in place. You won't see it until the shaft is out.

this is a generic pic, showing the clip or "retaining ring"

Attached Thumbnails

• axle2.gif

From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/
2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver, now needing a pair of front jacking point covers... msg me

Ever noticed that putting "anal" in front of some ford model names makes them sound funny? Fiesta, Probe, Ranger. Explorer, Maverick etc... lol

#4 2006mondeo.st220

2006mondeo.st220

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:06 mondeo st220
  • Name:faisal

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

hi all,

is there difference between mondeo st220 drive shaft (5 speed manual & 6 speed manual) ??

please give me feedback .

thanks all.

faisal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: driver, side, mk3, mondeo, driveshaft, removal, replacement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users