Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2007 Mondeo TDCI 2.0
  • Name:Francis Foley

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Good evening to all,New to the forum.
Any advice on the following appreciated.The car is a 2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 tdci,serviced at the same dealership since new and was running fine.Recent service two weeks ago.
Attempted to drive away from home this evening, the car was in first gear and accelerating when it stalled, The engine malfunction light came on and now the engine will not crank. All the electrics are working fine.Breakdown service called out to check and after a good while and many checks could not find the problem. Also the OBD was not communicating with the patrolmans computer so no fault codes to mention.
Thanks for any help.

#2 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 1,563 posts
  • 96 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:58 2.2l TDCi Estate
  • Name:Mike

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

When you say "will not crank" do you mean the engine does not turn over when key is in start position? If so it would point to stater motor/battery or associated electrics. Check battery voltage, listen for a relay clicking in when trying to start. Starter is activated by relay via fuse F15 (passenger side fuse box) check also fuses F15 & 17 in engine bay box. As the starter is directly connected to the battery its only failure of the relay to operate the starter solenoid that prevents the motor turning the engine (assuming the starter motor's ok)

Thanked by 1 Member:
Frazza

#3 mike4369

mike4369

Big Megger

• Members
  • 1,563 posts
  • 96 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:58 2.2l TDCi Estate
  • Name:Mike

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Any progress on finding the fault?

#4 bunson1975

bunson1975

Megger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Titanium X Sport
  • Name:Marshall

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hello

Just had the exact same problem on my 2.2 Titanium x. Was the clutch pedal switch. Surprised me as when you put your foot on it the message on the convers went but Im not complaining.
Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2. Thunder Metallic. DPF Removed And Full Re-Map.

#5 frankjb1

frankjb1

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo Estate
  • Name:Frank Johnston-Banks

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Just had a similar problem - bought a 3 month old 1.6 TDCI Zetec business edition from Motorpoint Derby on Wednesday. 1500 miles on the clock. Drove it up to York when it decided to stall in the middle of a ring road roundabout at 9pm in the rain. Engine malfunction light came on and it would not start, everything else seemed OK. Called AA out who had it towed to Stoneacre York (main Ford dealers) 1st thing on Thursday am. Now Friday evening and they have not even looked at it yet...why should they hurry up - its not from them! :( At least Ford Assist have sorted me out with a hire car until it is fixed (cheers Ford!) Motorpoint wanted me to catch a train down to Derby (to be fair they would pay for the fare) and pick up another car there.. Will have to wait & see what the problem is - just glad it didn't decide to stop an hour earlier when I was with my family on the M1 in the dark & pouring rain.... Not a good start though. Have I bought a pup?

#6 Frazza

Frazza

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2007 Mondeo TDCI 2.0
  • Name:Francis Foley

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hi all,
The alledged fault with my car was a main wiring loom problem,I had to leave the car at the dealer and travel to Germany for work so i was not able to see what damage or problems they found with the wiring loom. They informed me they had to splice some
new cable sections into place.I have a warranty direct policy but this was not covered because only components are covered and not wiring.This mondeo has been pretty good in the five years i have owned it and until this happend no problems to mention.
Thanks to all who spent time contacting me regarding this.

#7 4titx

4titx

Over Enthusiastic

• Gold Member
  • 5,374 posts
  • 206 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 4 Titx
  • Name:Phil

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Yes its convenient isnt it that it was the wiring, ask then to show you where they have spliced it and what circuits were affected. Insist on this and let us know what they say.
LEDs, whats your Watts.
2.0 TDCi TitX in Hypnotic Silver

Dont thank me, thank him. I'm just the messenger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users