• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3 TDCI
  • Name:Mark

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Hi,

Hello and welcome to everyone.

I wonder if someone can help me, I have a mondeo mk3 tdci that will not start. I have plugged it into the computer and came up with the following code, P2291 Injector control pressure too low. I have tried starting with easy start and will not start. The car was running fine, the last time i started it.

I am no mechanic, I have checked all fuses etc, they all seem fine, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark :lol:

#2 gaz7560

gaz7560

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 238 posts
  • 6 thanks
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

There are several things that can cause this, first try is always the fuel filter when was it last changed?

Prior to this how was the car running, any excessive smoke?

The joys of buying a high mileage car
rear subframe bushes replaced, battery replaced, centre wheel caps replaced, wheels refurbished,  new egr valve and manifold cleaned, both thermostats replaced, water pump and power steering pump replaced, rear ARB bushes and drop link replaced, offside rear ABS wire replaced, exhaust replaced, Parrot MKi9200 fited, two new hubs wheel bearings tyres brake discs and pads and still more to do!!

Thanked by 1 Member:
mlynch1

#3 mlynch1

mlynch1

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo mk3 TDCI
  • Name:Mark

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

hi, thanks or your reply, the fuel filter was changed around 2 thousand miles ago,BOSCH filter I believe.When the car was running there was no excessive smoke.

When i try to start the car its just turning and not firing.

Thanks

Mark

#4 gaz7560

gaz7560

Likes to chat

• Gold Member
  • 238 posts
  • 6 thanks
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

my theories are out the window, i expected it to smoke prior to this. Sorry can't help you further someone will be along soon hopefully that can help.

The joys of buying a high mileage car
rear subframe bushes replaced, battery replaced, centre wheel caps replaced, wheels refurbished,  new egr valve and manifold cleaned, both thermostats replaced, water pump and power steering pump replaced, rear ARB bushes and drop link replaced, offside rear ABS wire replaced, exhaust replaced, Parrot MKi9200 fited, two new hubs wheel bearings tyres brake discs and pads and still more to do!!

#5 4x416v

4x416v

Back!

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 7,607 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Topic moved :L
Mk1 Mondeo 2.0si 4x4
Mk3 Mondeo Final Facelift 2.0 Ghia X
My Mk1 4x4 diary:
http://www.talkford....80#entry1497480
What's next: Mk3 ST220 Final Facelift or Mk4 2.5T tit x

Talk to me about Winter / Summer tyres, wheels and chassis mods.

#6 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mondeo Mk3 Moderator

• Mondeo Mk3 Moderator
  • 16,592 posts
  • 776 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Estate, TDCI 130 (6)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Did this start around the time of the new filter? Someone fitted the pipes backwards?

Been done before.

Check the Filter is a Bosch one and check around the engine for fuel leaks.

Some live data would be useful, If you have a laptop an F-Super off ebay is under £20.

Examples... http://www.talkford....ould-look-like/

What year is the car? Mileage? Service history?

2004 TDCi 130 LX Estate. (6)

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ......... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE ........... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

#7 salta

salta

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 5,531 posts
  • 368 thanks

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

also check these two items .. the key fob immobilizer and the cam sensor .. either or these may cause total shutdown . but the low pressure for the pump reading shuld be investigated further by doing a cold pressure test on the pump .. to see if it is putting a reasonalbe pressure to the injectors . becasese a bad or discharged battery will not give enought whip round to the enigine to raise sufficent pump pressure.. and then if the diagnostics u used were used whilst using a battery in a state of discharge you will always get bad pump pressure diagnostics . most diagnostic equipment is not specific and will reflect the condition of the engine s ancillary equipment . i..e bad battery .. bad alternator .. bad fuel .. or worst cast scenario . a broken injector fuel pump.. s

Thanked by 1 Member:
mlynch1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users