Ford Automobiles Forum banner

New Stainless Exhaust fitted to my 2.5T

13K views 70 replies 17 participants last post by  Fordmonde0 
#1 ·
After finishing all the exterior "sport" upgrades to my 2.5T Titanium X,i went ahead with upgrading

the rear boxes and associated pipework.

The rear boxes were sourced from MIJ exhaust's listed as universal boxes,i took the car for fitting

to my local ExhaustUK.

They have been on for a few days now and i am really happy with how they look and how they sound.

I kept the factory centre resonator box in place,as i did not want to suffer any drone.

Some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Performance to match the looks.

<tips hat>

#4 ·
#6 ·
Nice so not too expensive then. Fitting expensive or reasonable?

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App
Fitting cost will all depend on how you have them connected.

I had all new pipe work and Y pipe made to the other side of the rear cross member.

#8 ·
They look good. What was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

These are what i purchased http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221091644002?var=520103844729&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
What does it sound like on the motorway? Any drone?
Been on the motorway today at varying speeds from 50 upto -_- cruising and there was no drone at all.

I remarked to the missus about it and she agreed.

You go on the OZ forum and quite a few have had all the system changed,using different types of rear mufflers and then using a "hotdog" centre resonator and they get drone.

I forget which member said,but he said if he had to do it all again he would leave the factory resonator in place,to avoid drone.

Don't be put off by the cost of these rear boxes,they look excellent and sound purrfect.

#9 ·
That has answered my next topic .
Really like the look of that ,my rear valance only has one cut out for exhaust.
Is there any sound difference at all?

#10 ·
That has answered my next topic .
Really like the look of that ,my rear valance only has one cut out for exhaust.
Is there any sound difference at all?
Two videos in my "car diary" is your car a derv Smitty ?

#11 ·
Nope a 2.0 petrol , that sounds sweet to me :)

#12 ·
#14 ·
I've just tried to order these but they are out of stock and don't know when they will get them back in stock, they have 4 inch ones but I think they will be too big and there may be clearance issues or the rear valance if tucked up too high.

Does anyone have a link to any other suppliers?

#15 ·
I've just tried to order these but they are out of stock and don't know when they will get them back in stock, they have 4 inch ones but I think they will be too big and there may be clearance issues or the rear valance if tucked up too high.

Does anyone have a link to any other suppliers?

They have been out of stock for a while now,think i got two of the last few they had at that price.

But they do have the same back boxes on another listing just a few quid more expensive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230832924813?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

#17 ·
#20 ·
Did fitting this exhaust have any effect on the fueling/how it runs? I'm thinking about getting one myself but wondering if it will need remapping again?

Gasses will flow a little bit better and sound is enhanced,but not to the extent that would warrant remapping again.is yours a petrol or derv.

#22 ·
Iv got the 2.5t petrol. It's gagging for a nice exhaust to let it purr ;-).

You will be fine with these on the car Simon,what map do you have ?

I am running Stage 1 Bluefin and on deceleration you do get some small pops and burbles.

For the future i am upgrading the downpipe and cat,they will be custom made.

#24 ·
It was already done when I bought the car. It's a superchips one but can't remember which. Iv got the invoice somewhere.
Does it drown or got a noticeable drowne when cruising?

Did you get the handset.

No drone at all,keep the factory centre box in place.

#25 ·
It was already done when I bought the car. It's a superchips one but can't remember which. Iv got the invoice somewhere.
Does it drown or got a noticeable drowne when cruising?

Did you get the handset.

No drone at all,keep the factory centre box in place.
No handset?? I'll dig the invoice out and let you know which one it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.