News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Converse+ Dials Not Working (Tachometer and Temp): Help?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GhiaX Chas

GhiaX Chas

Megger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

The above two gauges do not work on my car.  Whilst the rev counter I can live without it is nice to have a working temperature gauge!

Anyway, what can be the issue?  Upon doing the gauge sweep test those two gauges do not work.  I am guessing that it is a cluster fault I have, or could something else cause this?  How can I go about fixing it?

Another issue I have (but it could be unrelated) is that for a while I have noticed that the oil pressure light does not come on when the car's ignition is turned on but engine not running.  Initially I thought it was a feature until I tried the same thing in a friend's '08 Titanium X TDCI where it did illuminate with the ignition on (but with the car not running).  Upon doing the light test on the clocks however the oil pressure light does illuminate so I guess that could be a wiring or a sensor issue.

Edited by GhiaX Chas, 09 March 2014 - 11:02 AM.

2005 Mondeo 3.0 Ghia X Estate LPG. 234k miles and rising - Gone, but in 'the family'
2007 Mk3 Mondeo 1.8 LX LPG 213k and rising

2008 Mk4 Mondeo Ghia 2.5T

#2 BunkerMan

BunkerMan

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  • 107 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mk4 Ford Mondeo
  • Name:Dave

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Could be something as simple as the connector has worked loose. It could also be a bad solder joint somewhere on the pcb. Worth removing and checking it out. Every gauge cluster pcb I've seen has used the tiniest amount of solder possible per connection. They're usually covered in a clear or coloured resin toolmaking repair a bit more awkward.

It could also be the gauge mechanisms, but less likely to of those fail at a time. That's why solder joints at or near the connector plug should be checked first.

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

#3 Mondeo-hopeful

Mondeo-hopeful

Megger

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • 161 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Tit X Sport 4

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Do a search, sure its been mentioned before.
BLUETOOTH MODULE INFO www.talkford.com/topic/147387-please-help-for-btvc/page__p__1403226#entry1403226
Check your CONVERS+ version www.talkford.com/topic/154824-convers-versions/
Check your SPECIFICATION on ETIS here http://www.etis.ford...5707F2.fcvas509
To search the forum more effectively go to google.co.uk add the following to the search box :site talkford mondeo mk4 <your query> e.g :site talkford mondeo mk4 bluetooth

09 2.2 Tit X Sport, Hypno Silver, options are keyless entry, privacy glass, 8 Way Powered Drivers Seat

#4 GhiaX Chas

GhiaX Chas

Megger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Maybe it is a fluke, but disconnecting the battery seems to have fixed the dials issue!  We shall see what happens.

I was quoted by ClusterRepairs that it would be £120-149 plus VAT to repair my clocks.

2005 Mondeo 3.0 Ghia X Estate LPG. 234k miles and rising - Gone, but in 'the family'
2007 Mk3 Mondeo 1.8 LX LPG 213k and rising

2008 Mk4 Mondeo Ghia 2.5T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users