Ford Automobiles Forum banner

P1664 and P1564 Codes

10K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  scotsguy6961 
#1 ·
2000 focus was running perfect. Pulled up on Friday night and parked it. Next morning hand slipped off key after about half a second, never thought anything of it, went to start the car again and it just turns over. Solus shows error codes P1664 (Injection control module malfunction) and P1564 (Injection pump module is requesting reduced fuelling). Still getting diesel at the injectors but wont start even with a tow. Most other q's I've read with same sort of codes have had running problems, I haven't. One forum says a virgin module can be bought, you can cut the 4 black wires, rejoin the new module and it will program to your car? Is this correct? |Does anyone know where these modules can be bought?

I thought it might be the fuel cutoff (tho I hadn't bumped the car) but like I said there is fuel at the injectors. Any help appreciated chaps.

#2 ·
Ok, these codes do not mean the injector pump is goosed and a new pump is needed!!!

This means the Injection Pump Module IS goosed but it can be repaired (with a 24 month warranty) this company does all sorts of refurbs on all sorts of electronics (ECU's, ABS ECU's, Pump modules etc etc) their web site gives a full break down of their capabilities.

I've contacted them today and sent the module, cost is in the region of £200, thats a third/Quarter of the price of a pump. 2-3 day turnaround, I'll post again when it's fitted and let everyone know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.