Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Focus RS intercooler

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  footfistart 
#1 ·
I am after a cheapish performance mod for my 2.5t. Does anyone know if the focus RS intercoolers are significantly bigger than the standard one and if they would fit? If the answers are positive then this is a bonus because there are some cheap ones on fleabay. Thanks guys and gals.

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know for sure B)

Replaced the stock ic in my Mondeo 2.5 for a Airtec.

Compared it to a actual RS ic wich i have on the shelf.

Only difference is the color :)

It looks to me that the RS basicly is st225 with modified mondeo parts and fancy suspension.

I would'nt be surprised if the 300ps engine was developed for the mondeo (or at least developed in the mondeo)

The 2.0 tdci has the same ic as the st225

The 2.5 Kuga also has the st225 ic.

#11 ·
Sorry for restarting this but I have TXS 2.2 TDCI and I am after a bigger/modified intercooler. Does the focus RS fit as in the bigger ones ie airtec. Only asking as it could be cheaper if I was to buy one for a different car knowing it will fit to mine. Everyone is in for a bargain :) hope this make sense.

Ryan

#12 ·
Sorry for restarting this but I have TXS 2.2 TDCI and I am after a bigger/modified intercooler. Does the focus RS fit as in the bigger ones ie airtec. Only asking as it could be cheaper if I was to buy one for a different car knowing it will fit to mine. Everyone is in for a bargain :) hope this make sense.

Ryan
RS Airtec intercooler has a different method of fitting to the car,ie centrally mounted brackets on the end tanks.

The Airtec intercoolers for the MK4 have two brackets welded to the bottom.

This thread shows how the Airtec fits to the MK4 2.2 derv.

http://www.stdrivers.co.uk/forum/topic/34832-airtec-intercooler/?p=340790

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.