Ford Automobiles Forum banner

MK4 Mondeo AUX Input

17K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  marksimy72 
#1 ·
Collected my Mk4 Mondeo today and looking over the stereo connections I've found an AUX In within the glove box. However, it doesn't appear to work despite there being a button on the unit for AUX.

kd4g3q.jpg

Have I missed something? Do I need to buy a fitting?

See less See more
#9 ·
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231438157607
This isnt my old h/u ive just googled it but looks like my original 6000 single cd player.
Car Steering part Automotive design Vehicle audio Vehicle

If i can remember right i just plugged my ipod in using the cable above and it played on the h/u no song info tho (didnt have converse+) but could skip back and fourth pal.

Attachments

#10 ·
Cheers :)

Mine is a 6 disk CD changer and when changing to the AUX input it brings up an icon on the screen (Dash Screen using Converse+) which looks like it requires a cable to be connected.

I'll get a pic of it when it gets lighter outside.

I have a 3.5mm Jack>Jack already - are you saying that the connection in the glove box is there but hidden behind it?

#14 ·
Sorted :D

When I tested it yesterday, I got no sound which made me think it wasn't working. It would seem that unlike my old Fiesta, when you connect the AUX cable it doesnt feel like its plugged in. In the Mondeo, its quite light and easy move and coupled with the fact its quiet and not great quality, made me think it didn't work.

Thanks for all your help :)

#17 ·

When I tested it yesterday, I got no sound which made me think it wasn't working. It would seem that unlike my old Fiesta, when you connect the AUX cable it doesnt feel like its plugged in. In the Mondeo, its quite light and easy move and coupled with the fact its quiet and not great quality, made me think it didn't work.

Glad ya sorted it pal. Ya right the sound quality isnt sparkling. Not sure if you can upgrade to a usb conection on your h/u but worth looking into. Cheers
For a pre Sept 08 the aux connection is mono only (hence the bad quality). After that it moved to be stereo audio.

#18 ·

Glad ya sorted it pal. Ya right the sound quality isnt sparkling. Not sure if you can upgrade to a usb conection on your h/u but worth looking into. Cheers
For a pre Sept 08 the aux connection is mono only (hence the bad quality). After that it moved to be stereo audio.
this is the reason i changed h/u so i can run a usb for mi ipod for better sound quality. That and the standed silver single cd ford unit looks shocking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.