Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Forscan problem

1K views 33 replies 4 participants last post by  PURPLE_2L_LX 
#1 ·
Thought I'd have a go with Forscan on my laptop to recode injectors this morning while engine was cold but for some reason laptop keeps saying no elm found when I try and connect I've connected the elm through bluetooth and the elm works with Forscan and torque on my phone any ideas please?

#2 ·
Reactions: Markostarletturbo
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
#5 ·
Not tried windows 10, if the adaptor is connected ok you perhaps try another obd product. In forscan, pick auto settings, maybe 38.4k.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Hi
Have you tried downloading all the drivers. There is driver pack 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 so you may be missing one of those.
Here is a link to the ones I used and you will see that there is versions that support windows 10 os.

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1/0/how-to-install-elm327-usb-cable-on-windows-and-obd2-software

Hope that this helps
Cheers rob I'll try it only able to tether my phone for Internet connection though so might have to do it when I'm home

#9 ·
#11 ·
Good old microsoft... i'd be the first to moan if they got behind the times but I do wish they would let you configure legacy support on a per-subsytem basis...

#12 ·
Hello,

This seems to be a problem of pairing the adapter with Windows 10. FORScan utilizes virtual COM port API provided by Windows and it's bluetooth drivers. So in your most likely Windows can not connect the adapter. Microsoft recommends in case of such problems update drivers for Bluetooth radio from the original manufacturer site.

Regards,
FORScan Team

This is reply I had although I'm not sure where to update drivers at? Any ideas?

#13 ·
I think this means look for new win10 drivers for the bluetooth hardware installed in your laptop. I think....

#15 ·
I think the answer is really yes, if you have properly reconditioned injectors with new codes. I suppose you may have been lucky enough that your old injectors profile was close enough to the recon ones that the systems fine tuning coud adjuzt to hit the sweet spot without tripping a code... but this would be very lucky i think!

Whereabouts are you, roughly?

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
I think the answer is really yes, if you have properly reconditioned injectors with new codes. I suppose you may have been lucky enough that your old injectors profile was close enough to the recon ones that the systems fine tuning coud adjuzt to hit the sweet spot without tripping a code... but this would be very lucky i think!

Whereabouts are you, roughly?
I'm in Sheffield but family have a caravan at upton upon severn so I'm there now and again
Don't mind paying for some one with fordiag if nearby
I tried f super when injectors was fitted but not confident it worked

#17 ·
If your passing this way you can give me a shout if you want to try a ForDiag.

#22 ·
Thats good to know, which software did you use to put the codes in?

F-Super / Formidable or the F-Super / Forscan?

What was the traffic like on the way back?

#24 ·
Got 62mpg on computer on way home 115 mile trip yesterday (mostly motorway) I know the computer is in no way accurate but this is way higher than any previous runs before recoding the injectors with Fordiag
F super had wrote the codes for the new injectors previously but looks like it hadn't reset the fueling or something?

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
No idea but it certainly looks like you've got a result! I've had 58/59 from mine brim to brim but that was quite gentle motorway driving.

I've been wondering about the learnt adaptions reset myself. Think forscan identified that "some other" software appeared to write c2i away but somehow not in the right place , presumably something to do with the two box approach of the early cars. Thought there was some sort of cross check done periodically but may be making that up. On my car i couldnt hear any difference after coding but was possibly a bit smoother...imagination maybe.... anyway thats what made me wonder.thing is, i cant see why you would ever change an injector and not reset. So it should be part of routine on that basis...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.