TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

replacing ABS module, does it need coding?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 miaous

miaous

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:No ford YET

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

I have an 2007 2.0 tdci, I have the codes U3000 (internal failure) and u3001 (improper shutdown) on the abs pump.

I am going to replace just the module, I've removed it waiting for the new part - but I'm unsure if these need coded atall?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

#2 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1260 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Gary

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

I replaced mine and that needed configuring. Part of the immobiliser is stored in it. Wouldn't start or even recognise the new module until it was configured on IDS

2008 2.0 TDCI Ghia Auto in Kelp
18" alloys, full biscuit leather,8 way electric climate seats, sunroof, touch screen sat nav, voice, keyless start, F & R Pdc, TPMS, privacy glass
Mods.
convers+ . Rear door roller blinds. Rear footwell lights. Rear Ambient lighting. USB bluetooth & BT streaming. Memory drivers seat and mirrors. Auto folding mirrors with indicators. Door warning lights front and rear. Variable heated rear seats. PTC electric heater. Facelift front bumper and bonnet with DRLs and  headlight washers. Facelift tailgate and rear LED lights. Roof aerial gone, using rear screen aerial and nav aerial below rain sensor.
Keyless entry. Power child locks, cooled glove box, Facelift NX sd card nav unit and Ford reverse camera. Facelift upper and centre console trims and upper door panel trims in walnut.
Adaptive cruise control, forward alert & hill launch assist. Xenon Lights. IVDC. DAB

Photos in Gallery

#3 miaous

miaous

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

Thank you, it just gives me anticipation to find someone who can do it local to me, wasnt too sure if it would need done or not

#4 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1260 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

Luckily I found someone who came to me to do it. Would have been rather difficult otherwise

18" alloys, full biscuit leather,8 way electric climate seats, sunroof, touch screen sat nav, voice, keyless start, F & R Pdc, TPMS, privacy glass
Mods.
convers+ . Rear door roller blinds. Rear footwell lights. Rear Ambient lighting. USB bluetooth & BT streaming. Memory drivers seat and mirrors. Auto folding mirrors with indicators. Door warning lights front and rear. Variable heated rear seats. PTC electric heater. Facelift front bumper and bonnet with DRLs and  headlight washers. Facelift tailgate and rear LED lights. Roof aerial gone, using rear screen aerial and nav aerial below rain sensor.
Keyless entry. Power child locks, cooled glove box, Facelift NX sd card nav unit and Ford reverse camera. Facelift upper and centre console trims and upper door panel trims in walnut.
Adaptive cruise control, forward alert & hill launch assist. Xenon Lights. IVDC. DAB

Photos in Gallery

#5 miaous

miaous

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

Only other way round it is I'll connect the old one dangling in the engine bay to drive it to where it needs to go,will fool it thinking old one is connected, as it's not working anyways :)

#6 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1260 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:29 PM

Yeah that's what I was going to do originally. I can't remember if he needed to get any information from the old one before it was swapped

Mods.

Photos in Gallery

#7 miaous

miaous

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:29 PM

Could i ask, was yours a new or used module?

I asked someone i knew who worked at ford but has been transferred to another depot so cant help me with coding, but said sometimes they dont need recoding if its a used unit.

Ill be prepared anyways :)

#8 apollogary

apollogary

MEG Corporal

• Gold Member
  • 1260 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:54 PM

It was used. Had to replace it with one that would work with adaptive cruise control, when I fitted that

Mods.

Photos in Gallery

#9 miaous

miaous

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:30 PM

Oh right, im switching mine with the exact same part number as mine has cruise etc allready, so ill try it first and see if its allright :) i hope it might not need coded due to part numbers being the same, meaning that not every module has a unique identity matched to the original cars vin

I guess ill find out this week or next whenever it arrives lol

Edited by miaous, 17 November 2015 - 11:31 PM.

#10 Pichacker

Pichacker

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:CD345 DW10B

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:12 AM

1) ABS is part of the immobiliser.

2) The auxiliary ID will need to be set in the ABS unit if it is pre used.

3) May require service functions such as sensor alignment to be run

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users