TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

replacing ABS module, does it need coding?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 hcanning

hcanning

TF regular

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:49 AM

I'm just wondering what role the ABS/ESP module would actually play with the immobiliser system :) 

I've not got any problems, nor am I changing any modules, I'm just interested :lol: 

2010 Mondeo Ecoboost Titanium X Sport Powershift in Metallic Panther Black - Bi Xenons, Electric heated/cooled seats with driver's memory, Touch-screen NX nav with USB and Bluetooth, Keyless entry and start, hill launch assist.  Bluefin remap - dyno'd at 240bhp, 260 lb-ft.

#22 dutchguy

dutchguy

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo mk4 2.5t
  • Name:Lars

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:18 AM

Key - id's are stored in both the BCM and ABS.
When you try to start the car both these modules need to give the thumbsup before the BCM sends a pats release command to the PCM

#23 bigi

bigi

Freddy Kruger ate my mum

• Members
  • 1047 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 59 TDCi Tit X

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:39 AM

Just to resurrect this post!

I'm about to change the ABS pump on my 2009 Mondeo - i'm installing an FA unit instead of an AB unit and have keyless start (not keyless entry).

From what I've been told I will still be able to start my car after swapping the ABS pump over but will not have the backup key option unless I code the ABS pump to the car PATS system.

I was looking at using Forscan with their extended license to program PATS, but from what i've read it doesn't work with keyless start systems.  Also, I have no idea what i need to do to code it to the car?  I know i will probably need to use IDS to install the new module - something of a challenge as I need to pull the battery tray out to get to the existing pump!  but what else will i need to do with regards to PATS?  I only have a clone IDS so would prefer to use UCDS/Forscan if at all possible.

Finally - the service bleed function - does this just completely open up the ABS pump to allow you the bleed the system and is it something you turn on, do the bleeding then turn off again?

Thanks!

#24 mrk26

mrk26

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4 Zetec

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:48 PM

POPULAR

You can do with ids easy, just need something to generate out code from inocode. I done mine with Ids, nice and smooth.
Once you run bleed process in ids you just need unscrew bolt on each calliper when program ask you
  • bigi likes this

Few upgrades: Facelift convers+ with custom FW, HLA, ACC with Forward Collision Alert, BT/VC with USB, Autolock, FW updates

#25 bigi

bigi

Freddy Kruger ate my mum

• Members
  • 1047 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

thanks for the reply mate - could you explain what the process is in IDS?  i'm assuming i need to use the module installation procedure with the old ABS pump installed then swap to new one, check for firmware update first?

But what do i do after that?  I can get incode/outcode codes ok, but do i need to erase the keys or is there a specific function to pair the ABS pump?  I haven't dug around in IDS sufficiently yet in this area so your help would really be appreciated :)

#26 mrk26

mrk26

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4 Zetec

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

POPULAR

I will try sit tomorrow in car and refresh steps needed for all HLA activation, will let you know.

• bigi likes this

Few upgrades: Facelift convers+ with custom FW, HLA, ACC with Forward Collision Alert, BT/VC with USB, Autolock, FW updates

#27 bigi

bigi

Freddy Kruger ate my mum

• Members
  • 1047 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:33 AM

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users