TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tommygoldy

tommygoldy

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Ka MK1

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:59 PM

Just thought I'd say hello as I'm new here... just bought a 2002 Ka which despite 20+ years of driving and lots of cars, is my first Ford!

Always been a VW fan in the past, but I'm converted now. I always liked the Ka when it came out originally, but had almost forgotten about them until my brother in law offered me this for £100...

At the time I was actually considering a cheap classic as a second car (I've always had older cars, some more "classic" than others) but seeing as I fancied something small and nippy and with young kids have limited time for spannering I thought I'd give it a try.

Well, I love it, and I'm convinced now that the Ka is a future classic. Here it is, not exactly flash but it makes me smile. :)

31728129850_29c0b86e62_b.jpg

Haven't done loads to it yet, removed the ugly wheel trims (ratty steels are more my style tbh) fitted a decent stereo, and have been washing, cleaning inside and out, and generally working out what's what...

So far its been well behaved mechanically although it has the usual fuel filler cap rust as well as a few other minor spots. I don't mind a car that's a bit rough around the edges to be honest, and the sills look solid enough so I'm not too worried about the next MOT but we'll see.

Got a few plans and will be bound to be asking a few questions on here as time passes. Thanks in advance! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users