TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Newly bought 87 Scorpio 2.9i Ghia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 1976kjell

1976kjell

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2008 Mondeo X/S
  • Name:Kjell-Øyvind Hagen

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:06 PM

Hi

Last weekend I bought a 87 Scorpio 2.9i Ghia (Granada mk3 in UK) and drove it home, 1500 kilometers without problems.

https://goo.gl/photo...u5zyxFsioEAvnX7

https://goo.gl/photo...pVdHXAiTHKyMzPA

But not everything works and some tips are needed. I have some questions:

1. The ABS-system doesnt work, but the brakes work very well. One of the sensors may be faulty. How to check and find out whats wrong?

2. A new drive shaft support with grommet and bearing are ordered because some vibrations is there while accelereration, particularely in low speeds. Other typical worn parts that can cause vibrations that should be changed?

3. The lightalarm to warn that the lights are on also starts when the engine is running and the light knob is turned to the left extreme, when the driver door is opened. Is this normal?

4. The wiper and the light levers on each side of the steering wheel is "rotated" a bit as one unit. It looks like it should be like that, but when googling pictures, most of the scorpios has them symmetric when the steeringwheeel is straight. A picture of this will be linked tomorrow. Is thhis normal?

I dont expect that anyone know the correct answers to the questions, off couse the car has to be "investigated" by me, but some hints would be great

Edited by 1976kjell, 08 February 2017 - 10:08 PM.

2008 Mondeo Titanium  X/S

1963.5 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

1984 Ford Sierra Xr4i

1982 Mercedes 380 SEC

1976 Combi Camp 2000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users