TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

My Key deactivation

mykey

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xcel

Xcel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK5
  • Name:Dan

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

Hi I have just bought a 16 plate Ford Focus. It came with 2 keys. Cut a long story short I now have 2 keys that are stored as mykey. Basically I do not have an admin key anymore. I cannot clear mykey without haveing an admin key. Will I have to take the car to ford to turn one key back to admin.

Thanks in advance

Dan

#2 Master-of-none

Master-of-none

TF regular

• Members
  • 1168 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:1.0 125PS Focus Ti

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

A quick google suggests that a dealer or someone with access to Ford IDS can delete the keys then re-add them, they then become admin keys.

I haven't done it, don't have Mykey, so the next bit is vague and uncertain.

It *may* be possible to DIY, try reading here.

Edited by Master-of-none, 07 March 2017 - 11:52 PM.

Weaselling out of things is important to learn,it's what separates us from the animals Except the weasel

#3 Xcel

Xcel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

A quick google suggests that a dealer or someone with access to Ford IDS can delete the keys then re-add them, they then become admin keys.

I haven't done it, don't have Mykey, so the next bit is vague and uncertain.

It *may* be possible to DIY, try reading here.

Thank you. Just spoke to Ford and they said I will need to bring in both keys to have them wiped. Cost £105. Day light robbery!!!

#4 TreborB

TreborB

Powershifts Forever

• Members
  • 1950 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk5 240ps
  • Name:TrevorB

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

That's real bad news Dan.
Just double checked my Mk5 H/Book and gives same info.
Why would anybody make both original keys to "My Key".
Two things, would it be cheaper to have one key returned to an "Admin" key. Once you have that you can go into veh menu and clear other "My Key" back to std/admin key yourself.
OR
buy new programmed Admin/std key from dealer, then clear your two "My Key" yourself, end up with 3 std keys
Mondeo Mk5 Titanium 2L Ecoboost 240ps, X Pack, Body Kit, Rear Spoiler, 19" Alloys, LED Headlamps, Sony 12 Spkr Audio, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Colour Magnetic, Built Sept 2015
Mondeo TitaniumX Sport 240ps 2L Ecoboost Powershift 2011 - Sold 2016 But Never Forgotten
Previously 4 Focus ST225s

#5 Xcel

Xcel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

That's real bad news Dan.
Just double checked my Mk5 H/Book and gives same info.
Why would anybody make both original keys to "My Key".
Two things, would it be cheaper to have one key returned to an "Admin" key. Once you have that you can go into veh menu and clear other "My Key" back to std/admin key yourself.
OR
buy new programmed Admin/std key from dealer, then clear your two "My Key" yourself, end up with 3 std keys

Hi Trevor, When I called Ford they said bring both keys and will wipe them for £105. I realise I only need one reverting back to admin but when I called them back they said same price!  Never thought about the other option about buying a blank from them and reprogramming it as admin. Will go for this option if its no more than £105. Will call them tomorrow for a price. Thank you for the idea.

Cheers

Dan

#6 Xcel

Xcel

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

POPULAR

Been quoted £115 form Ford to supply cut and reprogram a key. With this key I will beable to clear the other 2 keys 

• TreborB likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users