TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Disable central locking

central locking.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brinorl

brinorl

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:2000 Galaxy Petrol,
  • Name:Brian Hall

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

Hi, can I disable the central locking on my Galaxy. I,m thinking its causing my battery to go flat, as I don't use the car much. Could I lock the doors manually with the key, to give some security.?

#2 fordboi

fordboi

Little Megger

• Mondeo Mk4 Moderator
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

You can certainly pull the relevant fuse to disable it. Have a look in your manual to find the correct one and check it doesn't cover any other circuits.

That being said, what makes you think you have a faulty central locking system which is causing the drain?

#3 brinorl

brinorl

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

The flashing light sometimes stops working. I unlock the door and the alarm goes off. If I don't use the car for a few days leaving it locked the battery goes flat. I fitted new alternator and battery, but it still does it. Is there a gadget I can plug in to show a drain? .There are no lights left on. I was going to try taking the fuse out and see if it still does it. Central locking has to be activated with the key, not the button, previous owner said. Have never used the fob for locking it. Maybe if I lock it using another door? Maybe its shorting at the drivers door.

#4 mike wilson

mike wilson

SMeghead

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

Known issues with the wiring looms in doors and tailgate. Try opening the grommet and checking that wires are not frayed and shorting. Might also be broken inside the insulation. Causes all sorts of electrical mayhem.

The only answer is to cut the wires and insert pieces to increase length, then reinsulate. Try the tailgate first; that seems to be the favourite place. Driver's door after that.

#5 brinorl

brinorl

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

I like this theory. In fact I am sure I have seen sparking down behind the window glass when locking it at night, and also when the red flashing light stops flashing, a thump on the door will activate it again. I don't think I have the skill to do it myself, but its an quite possible reason.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: central locking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users