TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

C max 2006

ecu key transponder cluster unit immobilser

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Normal for Norfolk

Normal for Norfolk

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:C Max
  • Name:David

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Hi there

I have a 2006 C max petrol 1.6. The engine is immobilised and the engine won,t turnover with either key. The dash lights do not dim when trying to crank the engine. I have run the reset cluster test and the following code appears - DTC#9681 which seems to indicate a possible problem with the key transponder. The battery in the key is good and so is the car battery. Other fault codes that show are DTC#D900, E510 and 5750 but I am not so concerned about these as yet.

Additionally I have taken the cluster unit out and had it checked and the plug pins re soldered by a pro. The problem could also be with the ecu (or pcm) This has not as yet been checked. The car has been towed to the ford dealer and diagnostics came up with zilch.

I have also run the test to check the G.E.M by depressing the the rear demist button whilst turning the ignition key to position 2 and this seems to be working ok as the main car controls and buttons beep when running this test.

I have acquired a different cluster unit with identical unit numbers and this is soon to be cloned to my car to double check that the original unit is not defunct.

It could be the transponder or the ecu. 

Does anyone out there have another possible solution for my cars problem?

Many thanks ;-}

#2 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 8775 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:59 PM

Im not familiar with the C Max but a transponder issue could be with the reader and not just with the key.
This is a bit obvious but have any changes been made near he ignition cylinder?
Things like stickers or illuminated surrounds can block the signal.
One of my keys has a cloned transponder in it. The floned ones are as good as the originals and the key will only work one way around. If the key is inserted 180 degrees the other way the transpo der cant communicate with the reader.
It may be worth you removibg the trim from around the ignition barrel to check for damage, lose wires or if the PATS reader has moved.

Edit: im sure someone will be along soon who can be more specific on the C Max

Edited by raynkar, 17 March 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#3 Normal for Norfolk

Normal for Norfolk

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

The cmax max is pretty much the same car as the focus apart from the obvious shape of the shell of the car. The keys are the original that came with the car and the car stopped responding whilst parked at home. We live in the sticks so there's no other electrical interference around, no changes have been made to the ignition and the keys unlock the doors and turn and switch on the ignition. engine doesn't crank.

#4 raynkar

raynkar

Dash cams, catch 'em out :)

• Members
  • 8775 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

The cmax max is pretty much the same car as the focus apart from the obvious shape of the shell of the car. The keys are the original that came with the car and the car stopped responding whilst parked at home. We live in the sticks so there's no other electrical interference around, no changes have been made to the ignition and the keys unlock the doors and turn and switch on the ignition. engine doesn't crank.

I gather the focus connection, but i have a Mondeo :)
Opening the doors or going to stage one or two of the ignition arent related to the transponders. A key with no transponder would still do those functions. Does the C Max have a symbol or LED that flashes or illuminates if the immobiliser is activated?
For example the mk3 mondeo has an LED that flashes on the analogue time clock if the immobiliser activates.

#5 Normal for Norfolk

Normal for Norfolk

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

I've had the key transponder and transceiver tested by a man with a machine and it all checks out ok.. Looks like it's either the ecu or the wiring loom..gulp.. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ecu, key transponder, cluster unit, immobilser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users