TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Front & back windscreen washers not working

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 yanna1

yanna1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Focus zetec 1.6
  • Name:Chris

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

Hi,

I have a 2013 Zetec mk3 Ford Focus and the front and back windscreen washers are not working. I believe that there is a blockage somewhere because I can hear the pump but there is only a dribble coming out.

The car is booked in but not until the end of next week and its doing my head in not having any.lol

I was hoping somebody might know of a way of unblocking the pipes with out going down the removal of the wheel and arch etc to get to the filter. Maybe a some sort of drain unblocker.

Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 yanna1

yanna1

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hi,

I finally manage to unblocked them using a flattened staple.

Does anyone have hints or tips about preventing this from happening again?

Thanks

Edited by yanna1, 20 March 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#3 Mondy zetecs

Mondy zetecs

Clever Clauggs

• Members
  • 1955 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.5l v6 2002
  • Name:Harry

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

I only use water as screen wash turns to gel and bungs up but only problem 

is water freezes.

#4 yanna1

yanna1

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Thanks. Will try using less screen wash.

#5 siruncle

siruncle

munched many bananas

• Global Moderator
  • 18413 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2.0 ghia mk2
  • Name:Pete

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

POPULAR

You can normally remove jets, and disconnect from the pipes. If they are heated, there may be some plugs to disconnect.

You could then use some compressed air (they sell this in poundland near headphones, usb leads etc) to reverse blow down the jet, any crud should come out the end of the jet the screenwash normally goes in by, so it will be out the system, not ready to block the jet again.

It may be possible to just disconnect the pipe and blow down them in situ?

With regards screenwash, when mine runs out, i chuck 2x 1 litre bottles of holts all seasons screenwash concentrate in, and fill to the brim with water. I've never had gelling issues. I probably top up once a year.

• DaSingh and Mondy zetecs like this

From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/
2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver
This is Ford country, listen quietly and you can hear Vauxhalls rusting :)
Ever noticed that putting "anal" in front of some ford model names makes them sound funny? Fiesta, Probe, Ranger. Explorer, Maverick etc... lol

#6 yanna1

yanna1

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:46 AM

You can normally remove jets, and disconnect from the pipes. If they are heated, there may be some plugs to disconnect.

You could then use some compressed air (they sell this in poundland near headphones, usb leads etc) to reverse blow down the jet, any crud should come out the end of the jet the screenwash normally goes in by, so it will be out the system, not ready to block the jet again.

It may be possible to just disconnect the pipe and blow down them in situ?

With regards screenwash, when mine runs out, i chuck 2x 1 litre bottles of holts all seasons screenwash concentrate in, and fill to the brim with water. I've never had gelling issues. I probably top up once a year.

Thanks for the advice. Will defiantly give that a go. 

#7 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1824 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

Have exact same problem so is it the jets blocked or gel formed in bottom of the water bottle?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2004 Mondeo MK3 1.8 Zetec Hatchback in Panther Black

2013 Focus MK3 1.0 (125PS) Titanium in Panther Black + City Pack

#8 yanna1

yanna1

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

Have exact same problem so is it the jets blocked or gel formed in bottom of the water bottle?

I managed to get mine unblock using a paper clip  to try and clear anything from the jets. Then just keep trying to use them till they eventually started working. Once they started working again I topped up with just waster and flushed it through a couple of times hoping to clear any blockages. So far so good.

However the sensor that tells you when its near empty does not work now. When I first got the car I was missing that rubber grommet thing that holds the two parts together. Took the car back and they fitter the grommet plus fitted a new sensor for some reason even though the sensor was defintaly working.I used to get a consent warning the level was low.

That was in February. Its back in today to have that sensor checked. Not sure how they could fit a new one and for it not to be working.

Edited by yanna1, 29 March 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#9 Mondy zetecs

Mondy zetecs

Clever Clauggs

• Members
  • 1955 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo 2.5l v6 2002
  • Name:Harry

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

If yours is mondeo mk3 there is a filter inside the rubber bung on the side of

washer bottle that clogs up. The rubber bung outlet just pulls off to clean. 

Edited by Mondy zetecs, 29 March 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#10 DaSingh

DaSingh

Nottz Megger

• Members
  • 1824 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK3

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

Iv took the jets out and they look fine but both front and back have same problem so I think I'm going to try disconnecting the water bottle altogether but before I do is there a fuse I should check.

The wipers starts as soon as I try to use the jets but don't know if it is separate.

2004 Mondeo MK3 1.8 Zetec Hatchback in Panther Black

2013 Focus MK3 1.0 (125PS) Titanium in Panther Black + City Pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users