TalkFord.com uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Revving problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 944turbo

944turbo

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:MK5 Fiesta

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

Hi can anyone give me some help or offer any advice please after owning a MK5 phase 1 zetec S for just over 4 years and never really having any problems with this car we have now sold it and taken on our sons MK5 1250 zetec and although it is in far better shape it is already causing a problem.

I will try to explain what it is doing but does seem to maybe be the idol control valve but not really sure as the car does not seem to do what people say this valve does when having problems with it.

So here goes

The car ticks over lovely but as you drive off and you have gained in rev's then go to change gear the rev's stay there but if you keep the clutch pedal down before changing gear for a few seconds the rev's drop back down again,this happens every time you go to change gear come up to a junction or stop then the car ticks over lovely again.It is just a bit annoying when doing town work hope this all makes sense any idea's please what is causing this please or is this how it should be but have never driven a car before that does this and it is spoiling the driving of the car for me,I am sure the car did not do this when my son first bought the car but due to never really driving it while he owned it I cannot remember if it did or not.

Many thanks

#2 siruncle

siruncle

munched many bananas

• Global Moderator
  • 18366 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 2.0 ghia mk2
  • Name:Pete

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

POPULAR

It is possible to give them a clean out with spray carb cleaner or something like that, sometimes this will cure it. Otherwise, there are usually plenty in breakers yards, should you wish to try a different one.

Check all the pipework between the air filter and throttle body are secure and not split or leaking. The air is measured, so if leaking the measurement will be inaccurate.

Same for the little vacuum pipes.

• 944turbo likes this

From Rutland, Leicestershire or Northamptonshire? Join the Rutland Group, http://www.talkford....land-area-page/ Leicestershire, http://www.talkford....leicestershire/ or Northamptonshire, http://www.talkford....rthamptonshire/
2000 (W) Mondeo Mk2 Ghia 2.0 Hatch in Stardust Silver
This is Ford country, listen quietly and you can hear Vauxhalls rusting :)
Ever noticed that putting "anal" in front of some ford model names makes them sound funny? Fiesta, Probe, Ranger. Explorer, Maverick etc... lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users