TalkFord Gold Members Don't See Adverts! Subscribe Today To Hide This Advert!

News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Changing Rocker cover gasket...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 matty

matty

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 01:09 AM

Is this easy??

got the gasket and going to do tomorrow to stop the seapage, anything to look oput for?

thanks

matt :)

#2 Rich

Rich

BOFHmin

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 01:11 AM

Dead easy. Just keep soem kitchen roll handy to cover the cams and stuff while the cover is off...

Can do worse than use a light coating of clear lithium grease to help it seal properly...

Don't forget the breather hose on reassembly :). It's also a good time to give the timing belt a visual inspection...

--Rich

Red '99 Daytona 955i | Black '00 V6 Ghia X

#3 matty

matty

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 01:14 AM

thanks Rich, the belt was done not long ago, but the oil seapage is lots and its all round, so i want to make sure it not going all over the belt. Ford parts man reckons the nuggets who changed the belt over tightened the bolts, thats why its leaking...

#4 Realitymark

Realitymark

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:28 AM

it's a right arse hole mate, you have to take the whole engine out, to fit it, lol ooops sorry i was thinking of a vauxhall vectra there!! :naughty: naa easy a pie mate,
Levante Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X 1994 Hatch, added Genuine Ford RS Side Skirts and Spoiler, Twin Exit Exhaust, Black Engine, Kenwood CD Player, Front Pioneer 6 x 9 Speakers, New Style Registration Plates & Crystal Side Repeaters

#5 matty

matty

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 09:09 PM

This job is a piece of cake, even i managed without any trouble at all, had a look at the cams and stuff, everything looks nice there, no scoring or grooves or owt else!! smashing.... :)

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:20 PM

This job is a piece of cake, even i managed without any trouble at all, had a look at the cams and stuff, everything looks nice there, no scoring or grooves or owt else!! smashing.... :)

You wo'nt mind if I bring mine round for you to do then, i hate getting me hands dirty!!

Seriously, glad you got it sorted.