Photo

Changing Rocker cover gasket...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 matty

matty

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 01:09 AM

Is this easy??

got the gasket and going to do tomorrow to stop the seapage, anything to look oput for?

thanks

matt :)

#2 Rich

Rich

BOFHmin

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 01:11 AM

Dead easy. Just keep soem kitchen roll handy to cover the cams and stuff while the cover is off...

Can do worse than use a light coating of clear lithium grease to help it seal properly...

Don't forget the breather hose on reassembly :). It's also a good time to give the timing belt a visual inspection...

--Rich

Red '99 Daytona 955i | Black '00 V6 Ghia X

#3 matty

matty

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 01:14 AM

thanks Rich, the belt was done not long ago, but the oil seapage is lots and its all round, so i want to make sure it not going all over the belt. Ford parts man reckons the nuggets who changed the belt over tightened the bolts, thats why its leaking...

#4 Realitymark

Realitymark

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:28 AM

it's a right arse hole mate, you have to take the whole engine out, to fit it, lol ooops sorry i was thinking of a vauxhall vectra there!! :naughty: naa easy a pie mate,
Levante Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X 1994 Hatch, added Genuine Ford RS Side Skirts and Spoiler, Twin Exit Exhaust, Black Engine, Kenwood CD Player, Front Pioneer 6 x 9 Speakers, New Style Registration Plates & Crystal Side Repeaters

#5 matty

matty

Clever cloggs

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 09:09 PM

This job is a piece of cake, even i managed without any trouble at all, had a look at the cams and stuff, everything looks nice there, no scoring or grooves or owt else!! smashing.... :)

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:20 PM

This job is a piece of cake, even i managed without any trouble at all, had a look at the cams and stuff, everything looks nice there, no scoring or grooves or owt else!! smashing.... :)

You wo'nt mind if I bring mine round for you to do then, i hate getting me hands dirty!!

Seriously, glad you got it sorted.