News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Cataclean?? Is it any good??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Fred22

Fred22

Turbo'd ST24

• Members
  • 10,084 posts
  • 30 thanks

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:42 AM

Hello i was looking at an ad on tv and it is about a product called CATACLEAN and it says that you pour it in your fuel tank with about a quater of petrol left in it run it for 5 minutes and the jobs done, its meant to clean your cat and internal parts of your engine and it cost 15.99? What i wanted to know is has anyone tried this before and does it really work?? Its meant to stop that kangaroo effect and cut emmisions by 60% to help pass the emmisions side of the mot. It sounds good but is it?? Any answers would be appreciated :thankyousign:
98 Ford Mondeo/Contour v6 :)

my st24 turbo progress

my garage

Dont fcuk with this St24
Shudda bRought a Scooby

#2 noisy_cricket

noisy_cricket

IT guy with dirty hands!

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:18 PM

doubt it works, as the cat works at such high temps, that any products would be incinerated once they enter the cat..

now with a c-max 1,6 tdci... my first diesel!

#3 sparker

sparker

Resident LED Guru

• Members
  • 2,912 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:50 PM

I know that when i put my car in for its MOT last year that it was running lean on idle. They ran some chemical through the car and it passed no problem. I dont know if it was through the intake or the fuel. But they did say something about using some stuff and running the car for 5 mins. It could be something similar to that
[color:red]RIP[/color] - Coral Red 1993 2.0 Ghia 187.6bhp@7000rpm / 158.7lbft@5000rpm

Black 1997 2.5 Ghia X - was - 177.1bhp@6490rpm / 159.7lbft@4715rpm
[color:blue]Now with added ST200 power[/color]

And new project - SA import mk2 golf 2.0 16v

[color:#401343]Let the next round of tuning begin![/color]

Now with 5 mondeos and 2 golfs

now gone [color:gray]silver[/color] Silver 1989 Supra 3.0 Turbo

#4 Fred22

Fred22

Turbo'd ST24

• Members
  • 10,084 posts
  • 30 thanks

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

i see what you mean about the cat getting to really high temputures but i think it said on the ad that as time goes by on your car, the cat gets a bit dirty and clogged up and its meant to clean it out before it becomes too late and you need to replace the cat which could be about 400-2000 i think is what he said cats cost?? It sounds like alot of money to me and £15.99 sounds good, i dont have problems at the moment but i just wanted to know if anyones heard of it or tried it on their cars and if it worked on them. All i know is that it goes in through your fuel system and i also think it cleans out the injectors as well, you just dont know about these products they can be a gimmick to rip people off or it might work, just want opinions from anyone whos used them :thankyousign: all. :L

my st24 turbo progress

my garage

Dont fcuk with this St24
Shudda bRought a Scooby

#5 studley73

studley73

MEG general

• Members
  • 1,507 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:18 PM

hi there i used cata clean on a mondeo verona i had it seemed to do the job but about a month later my cat started to rattle like a :BEEP: so if i was you save you money and stick to good old redex it may take longer to work but its cheaper and does the same job without damaging the cat.
londons number 1 bus driver! FORDS DONT DIE THEY JUST GET MODDED!

#6 noisy_cricket

noisy_cricket

IT guy with dirty hands!

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:06 PM

hi there i used cata clean on a mondeo verona i had it seemed to do the job but about a month later my cat started to rattle like a :BEEP: so if i was you save you money and stick to good old redex it may take longer to work but its cheaper and does the same job without damaging the cat.

the oil additive? or the fuel additive?

now with a c-max 1,6 tdci... my first diesel!

#7 Fred22

Fred22

Turbo'd ST24

• Members
  • 10,084 posts
  • 30 thanks

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

well i put the fuel additive redex in my car and its done me good no probs but i was just wondering thats all, im sorry it did that to your car, did u write to the company or called them back as they say to call them if you have a problem, u know on their ad as u probrably know they said it would help out but i guess they were lying about that :(

my st24 turbo progress

my garage

Dont fcuk with this St24
Shudda bRought a Scooby

#8 studley73

studley73

MEG general

• Members
  • 1,507 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:31 AM

i put in the fuel additive catta clean. and yes i rang them back and they just gave me the run around so save your money and use good old redex
londons number 1 bus driver! FORDS DONT DIE THEY JUST GET MODDED!

#9 mondeos rule

mondeos rule

MEG Captain

• Members
  • 2,906 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

better off running the car on optimax and a fuel (stp) cleaner and octane boost should be much better :L
i used cat clean on my old mondy dev did the trick lot smoother and a bit quicker too :L
17" tsw reflexs;st rear bumper; bomz kit; fast road cams/obx pulleys,underdrive pulley, drop 30mm eibach springs blueflame catback exhaust; 4.1 ceramic coated exhaust manifold; custom down pipe/highflow cat

list to do :-
st bodykit 300mm disc conversion+rear disc; custom management 45mm throttle; bodies gasflown big valve head; comp ratio increased 11:1

to own another ford with a difference :flipoff:

#10 Fred22

Fred22

Turbo'd ST24

• Members
  • 10,084 posts
  • 30 thanks

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

thank you all for the replies, i will leave the cataclean and same my money for now, i will keep on using the redex stuff in my fuel car :thankyousign:

my st24 turbo progress

my garage

Dont fcuk with this St24
Shudda bRought a Scooby