News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Replacing Door Speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jon_F2003

Jon_F2003

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 16 June 2003 - 04:33 AM

I have just fitted a JVC3101 into to replace the Ford6000 stereo, now I have the better quality sound I want to replace the rear speakers as they have obviously had better days as the crackle if I use them.

Is this a big job as I was quoted £30 a speaker to be fitted, and I could probably do it myself.

Should I attempt it??

Incidentally I was told that the standard Ford speakers are only 25w each is this right??? The stereo recomends at least 75w per speaker so should I replace the front as well???

#2 Manix

Manix

being SUPRISED! (maybe)

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 16 June 2003 - 04:45 AM

Ive just fitted some in the front and it was a POP apart from some drilling to match up the holes, back is the same from what ive seen........
1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV
2006 Ford Focus 2.0 Ghia SALOON
(seen one yet? have you?)
2000 Mondeo Ghia X Estate
French section...
1997 Citroen Xantia VSX hydractive
1997 Peugeot 406 thing

#3 troh

troh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 16 June 2003 - 12:22 PM

To change speakers is not that hard thing to do. Try yourself first and if no success...

But, front speakers are the most important parts of the sound system in your car. So why to change rear speakers first? How about if you change front speakers to decent 6.5" component system and leave rear speakers as they are. Or have you already done this?

#4 troh

troh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 16 June 2003 - 12:26 PM

Incidentally I was told that the standard Ford speakers are only 25w each is this right??? The stereo recomends at least 75w per speaker so should I replace the front as well???

This don't matter, since you wont get over 25W from head unit amplifier. But as I already stated, I recomment to buy a component system to front and live with originals at back.

#5 Oz

Oz

AWOL

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 19,522 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:04 PM

Change the fronts to better stuff and then put the front speakers into the back. If you check out the member services section you'll find my how-to. It's as easy as it looks, really! :)

Edit - cos I'm nice, here's the direct link:

http://www.fordmonde...ds_speakers.htm
Ford Focus ST170 with Comfort Pack, factory boot tip spoiler, lowering springs, steel braided brake hoses, clear LED rear light clusters, clear rear fog lamp, pillar pod and digital gauge

#6 Nathan

Nathan

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 16 June 2003 - 04:42 PM

I followed Oz's guide and replaced all four speakers this weekend - took me around 1.5 hours (spent time giving the various bits of the door a good clean as well!)

Cheers for the How-to! :) Very easy to do.

#7 Oz

Oz

AWOL

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 19,522 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 16 June 2003 - 04:58 PM

Glad I could help ::

I was daunted first time cos I didn't want to break anything but having done it the first time, it gets much easier - I can now have the door apart in no time at all
Ford Focus ST170 with Comfort Pack, factory boot tip spoiler, lowering springs, steel braided brake hoses, clear LED rear light clusters, clear rear fog lamp, pillar pod and digital gauge

#8 Too_Fast

Too_Fast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:12 PM

£30 per speaker?!?! :o :o

Do it yourself mate....it's a doodle!

#9 Jon_F2003

Jon_F2003

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:07 AM

cheers guys, once I got my kit fitted, that'l be my next job. Read through the guid and it does sound easy enough to do. :)
The Mondeous
1997 LX 1.8 -
Full StreetFighter Body Kit
BK299 17"
Morette Headlamp conversion
Lowered 40mm
JVC MP3 K3101 50W PICT CD CHANGER

#10 bazweller

bazweller

Likes to chat

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:36 AM

I can now have the door apart in no time at all

i can remove a door card now in under 2 mins. not that i keep changing my mind on what speakers to use ::

baz
baz1977@hotmail.com
come and hassle me on msn