News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

6000CD removal without keys?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mundano man

Mundano man

Little Megger

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:19 PM

Hi, does anyone know if its possible to remove a 6000cd stereo with coat hangers, paper clips or anything?

Can't find the keys and I have a snazzy new silver trim i need to screw onto to dash so its majorly urgent!

Thanks!
2004 2.0 Zetec manual
2002 2.0 auto mondeo- sold

#2 Bin_Man

Bin_Man

Resident buffoon

• Forum Moderator
  • 4,192 posts
  • 42 thanks

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

No chance with paper-clips matey :} :} :}

You can usually get them out with a wire coat hanger, cut into to 8 inch lengths and then bent round to make 2 U shapes that fit into the holes on either side. Poke em in and then push the coat hanger tools outwards (away from each other) whilst pulling on the headunit fascia. Can be done, but its WAY easier with the right tools! Much less chance of scratching the headunit or fascia too.
Bin_Man contains strong language and scenes of a sexual nature

The nice thing about Marmite, the really GREAT thing about it, is that if it gets stuck in customs for four years, goes well past it's use-by date, becomes rancid and the bacteria develop to a point where a system of local government is in place, they have free housing for bacteria with families, all the little bacteria go to school and the more inquisitive bacteria have invented both the digital watch and Corby trouser press - it will STILL taste absolutely FOUL !!!!

#3 compuwiz_uk

compuwiz_uk

Admin - In Training

• Administrators
  • 18,818 posts
  • 351 thanks

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

for what they cost from your local dealers they are worth just buying as the proper tools means you can push the pins sideways & then pul on them instead of needing many more hands thatn the 2 ur born with ( usually :} )

Too many mods to list in here but they can be seen here

Most Common MK3 Question / Problems have solutions listed in the WIKI - Click Here

Ford Etis Vehicle Information - Click Here

#4 Mundano man

Mundano man

Little Megger

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

Just thought, would it just come out with the fascia panel?

I know getting the keys would be sensible but I really just can't be arsed to drive to Enfield... and I've removed all the buttons & gear trim now! :doh:

Cheers!
2004 2.0 Zetec manual

#5 Bin_Man

Bin_Man

Resident buffoon

• Forum Moderator
  • 4,192 posts
  • 42 thanks

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

Thought the fascia retaining screws were in the headunit recess - you cant get the fascia off, without taking the h/u out first?
Bin_Man contains strong language and scenes of a sexual nature

The nice thing about Marmite, the really GREAT thing about it, is that if it gets stuck in customs for four years, goes well past it's use-by date, becomes rancid and the bacteria develop to a point where a system of local government is in place, they have free housing for bacteria with families, all the little bacteria go to school and the more inquisitive bacteria have invented both the digital watch and Corby trouser press - it will STILL taste absolutely FOUL !!!!

#6 Mundano man

Mundano man

Little Megger

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

Got it out with the coathanger idea, thanks!
2004 2.0 Zetec manual

#7 johnscotland98

johnscotland98

thinks calipers are crap

• Members
  • 3,695 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

nice one
While seeking revenge, dig two graves - one for yourself.

#8 Budgie

Budgie

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
  • 16 thanks

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:28 AM

Pop rivets will work as well (unused ones of course!).

Neil

2013 Focus ST estate in Spirit Blue

#9 SimonBalaam

SimonBalaam

Little Megger

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

I've also found that normally if you go into halfrauds they will just let you borrow some out of the toolkit the installers use no problem.

53 MkIII Silver Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Zetec

Wife has 08 MkIII Blue Ambition Galaxy 2.0 TDCi Zetec

#10 Dazzieb

Dazzieb

Mad Megger

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

Much less chance of scratching the headunit or fascia too.

Which I found out to my peril :nono: , a 6000E with a gouge across the front isn't the most pleasing to the eye, still, anyone will buy anything on ebay these days :}
2007 MK2 Focus Sport 1.8 - Standard (for now) + B pillar back tinted - 20%. (MK3 Mondeo GhiaX TDCi gone and sorely missed....)