News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Bluetooth Voice Recognition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hackbar

Hackbar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

Hi folks.

I have taken delivery of my mondeo today, but I am having a few issues with the voice recognition.

I ask for the phone option which works ok. I then say DIAL (name) but it doesnt recognise it.

My phone (Nokia N95) is paired with the bluetooth set and i can view my phonebook via the touchscreen. I just can't seem to tell the car to phone anyone.

Any ideas?

ps - i do not speak with a strong accent of any kind haha ;)

#2 Mammoth-Mondy

Mammoth-Mondy

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

"ps - i do not speak with a strong accent of any kind haha "

he says sheepishly :whistling: :whistling: :stir: :stir: :} :}
"The object of war is not to die for the good of your country but to make the other bas*ards die for theirs!!"

Juice Green "P Reg" Mk2 Mondeo 2.5 V6 Si Hatchback - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

JOIN --------"ONE OF THE BEST" if not "THE BEST" mondeo websites going!!!!

#3 stevebubs

stevebubs

Megger

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

Is the name welsh?

#4 CRAIG1912

CRAIG1912

Big Megger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:57 AM

You have to store the names/numbers in the car software not the phones-the manual tells you how to do it.Basically you have to record the name and then record the number to dial. Try using the command "store"
Titanium X 2.2Tdi, Panther Black, IVDC, Child Seat Pack, Climate Seats,xenons, keyless entry, 18" alloys

#5 Mammoth-Mondy

Mammoth-Mondy

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

Have a look on here (Link!!!!!!)

Click on English,
then Audio - Multimedia - Navigation,
then Bluetooth & Voice control

Not sure if the PDF is for MK3 or MK4 but worth a look as it may operate similarly to the system you have

HIH
:L :L
"The object of war is not to die for the good of your country but to make the other bas*ards die for theirs!!"

Juice Green "P Reg" Mk2 Mondeo 2.5 V6 Si Hatchback - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

JOIN --------"ONE OF THE BEST" if not "THE BEST" mondeo websites going!!!!

#6 El-monde

El-monde

Big Megger

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:16 PM

You have to store the names/numbers in the car software not the phones-the manual tells you how to do it.Basically you have to record the name and then record the number to dial. Try using the command "store"

As Craig says - you have to store voice dial shortcuts to the car - it does not use ones already in your phone!

'08 Sea Grey Titanium X 2.2 TDCi estate (Bluefin 220bhp) with bright roof rails, park assist, bluetooth, 18" alloys, sports suspension, rear spoiler, 8-way electric drivers seat, and alloy pedal set.

#7 Hackbar

Hackbar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

Cheers folks.

Whats the limit for the amount of names/numbers i can store?

#8 Dusty1

Dusty1

Megger

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:54 AM

Hi folks.

I have taken delivery of my mondeo today, but I am having a few issues with the voice recognition.

I ask for the phone option which works ok. I then say DIAL (name) but it doesnt recognise it.

My phone (Nokia N95) is paired with the bluetooth set and i can view my phonebook via the touchscreen. I just can't seem to tell the car to phone anyone.

Any ideas?

ps - i do not speak with a strong accent of any kind haha ;)

Are you still having trouble? I've got a N95 that was a bugger to work with the unit until I re-flashed the software. This could be your problem. If it's not working still, PM me and I'll take you through the process.

Or you could check the threads here for more info.

[color:gray]2007 Stardust Silver TDCi Hatch - leather, sunroof, bluetooth.[/color]

#9 silo24

silo24

Big Megger

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:11 AM

It can use the ones stored in your phone, or if your phone supports it, standard voice recognition.

All you have to do is say "Mobile Name" and that triggers the mobile phone voice dialling function on supported phones.

It works with Windows Mobile and Symbian S60 V3 (Nokia N95, E71 etc etc.).

It is more reliable though if you store the name directly into the car.
Mondeo 5DR Hatch 2.0TDCi Titanium X w. Bi-Xenons, Sports Pack, DAB, Keyless Entry and not forgetting.......Sunblinds!

Oh, also Tuned by CELTIC TUNING!