News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

roverron tuning box

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 martin159

martin159

Little Megger

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

hi there chaps.

still deciding on what tuning to do to my 1.8 tdci engine !! has anyone used the [color:red]roverron synergy cr1[/color] on a mk 4 mondeo ??? it has has good reviews on the st drivers forum and is just over £150. alot cheaper than bluefin,celtic tuning etc.

any veiws would be appriciated.

cheers
Ford Mondeo Titanium X
1.8 TDCI '57 Plate
Thunder Grey
Sports Pack
Front & rear parking sensors
Privacy glass
Adaptive front headlights

#2 alucard

alucard

Big Megger

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

Hi i fitted the roverron box on my 1.8 tdci a week ago and i have the box on setting number 6,the car now pulls strongly from 1500 rpm but the main difference in performance is from 2500 rpm to 3500 rpm, between these figures the car really flies!.

There is now no need to keep going up and down the box at lower speeds as the engine is very
torquey and sixth gear can be held until 40 mph before there is a need to change down.

I have played with the settings between 3 and 6 and found that number 6 was best for me, and my MPG according to the instant readout is higher than before fitting the box but i think this could be due to the box fooling the signal sent to the MPG calculator so i will do the brim to brim tank test to see if my MPG has improved.

So all in all i am very pleased with the results that this box has given me and the first class service that i got from roverron. :)
2008 TITX 1.8 tdci mk4 with 18" alloys/adaptive cruise control/enhanced IVD/hill launch/keyless start/ heated sports seats/ and front and rear park assist.

CELTIC TUNING remapped July 2010.

Always try to be the person that your pet thinks you are.

#3 Craig140

Craig140

Big Megger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:25 AM

Where does the box plug in? Is it to the sensor connector on the fuel rail?

Also, how is the drivability, especially in town?

I had a tuning box on my old Passat PD130, the extra grunt was nice and economy stayed the same but it made the throttle response VERY sensitive, especially at light throttle (i.e. in town). It meant you had to be really gentle to avoid driveline 'shunt'.

#4 mark7099

mark7099

Big Megger

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • 2 thanks

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

Anyone used one of these on the 2.0TDCI (140)?

It is available for this engine but am bit dubious as the 2.0 is much more modern than the 1.8 unit...

Focus 1.6TDCI Titanium
City Pack
Midnight Sky

My Fuel Logs

#5 TheColonel

TheColonel

Megger

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:32 AM

I have a RoverRon tuning box on my other car, Rover 75 2.0 diesel (BMW engine). Nothing but praise for Ron, his service or products. Car has gained approx 25bhp, much more mid range grunt (just where you want it for overtaking)and mpg has improved (so long as you drive the same as before!).

My MK4 is a lease car with company insurance so I am reluctant to install, but have no quarms with the product as supplied for the Rover.