News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Radio Problems with a Mk3 Mondeo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barrhill10

Barrhill10

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

Hi, Recently I have been having problems with the radio in my Mondeo Mk3.
It all started when it would not switch off, then it went on to switching on and cutting out all by itself, but now I can go into the garage in the morning and it is playing away.
Could this be a radio or a wiring fault, I am very interested in finding out before I take it to a workshop to check out for me.

Thanks in anticipation.

#2 guffer

guffer

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 1,761 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

I had this issue with my 6000CD - I gave the front of the unit a whack out of annoyance and its been fine ever since :eyesup:

#3 huw1000

huw1000

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:09 PM

As hinted at above could be as simple as a slightly dodgy on/off switch on the front.
2004 Mk3 Zetec 2.0 TDCI Hatchback in Magnum Grey
Final Facelift Rear Lights, Final Facelift Rear Skirt, Reverse Parking Sensors, 18" Zetec S Alloys, Mud Flaps, Aerotwin Wipers, Titanium Sony MP3 Headunit.

#4 chadvalley

chadvalley

Little Megger

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

i also had this problem on my old mk3 mondeo . on my one the problem was the removeable number bit i wedged a bit of card behind the number bit and put it back on it was fine after that hope it helps
face lift zetec s tdci stardust silver, footwell lights ,areo wipers, 12"sub, black standard 16 ' wheels till i get another 2 zs wheels