News Feed (View All Updates)

Photo

Rear air vents

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 4titx

4titx

Over Enthusiastic

• Gold Member
  • 5,374 posts
  • 205 thanks

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

Just thought I'd ask this and not sure if Ive seen some posts on this, but those of you who have rear air vents, do you find they are, sort of, almost cosmetic (maybe a bit unfair this)..

Maybe they come into their own at extreems of temperature but even with the fan on full and air flow to face vents, I'd expect to feel a little more air coming out. Mine are deffinitely working, but maybe its the pressure drop along the ducts.

LEDs, whats your Watts.
2.0 TDCi TitX in Hypnotic Silver

Dont thank me, thank him. I'm just the messenger.

#2 chriscatt

chriscatt

MEG Sergeant

• Members
  • 4,473 posts
  • 76 thanks

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:39 PM

Hi, have you checked the ducts are actually fully connected as I believe one owner has reported theirs wasn't.
Chris

2013 Fiesta Titanium X       2014 A3 Saloon 1.4 TFSI S-Line
1.0L 100ps Ecoboost          Daytona Grey
Candy Blue.

#3 4titx

4titx

Over Enthusiastic

• Gold Member
  • 5,374 posts
  • 205 thanks

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:35 PM

Really, I'll have a look, I've guessing thye ductwrok is under the front seats as I get airflow out of the vents when air is directed to vents or floor.

I've a feeling they are connected as I do have air flow, it may be simply because of pressure drop/resistance in the ductwork compared to the short run to the front vents

Maybe I'm expecting too much.

LEDs, whats your Watts.

#4 kop

kop

Big Megger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

Mine also only seem to work a bit and are pretty useless really...

#5 Saintsfan

Saintsfan

Big Megger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

They work better when the heater is sent to vents only, I get a decent flow through mine.
Sea Grey TDCi Tit X - DVD Sat Nav, Bi Xenon, Sunroof, Sport Kit, Rear Beepers

#6 4titx

4titx

Over Enthusiastic

• Gold Member
  • 5,374 posts
  • 205 thanks

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:47 PM

They work better when the heater is sent to vents only, I get a decent flow through mine.

Thanks Kop and Saints.

Yes I've found that setting it to vent does create a reasonable flow, but I guess I was comparing front vent and rear.

Warmed the car up this evening and I could feel the warm air coming through the rear vents so I guess they are working ok.

I never have the front vents facing me but to the windows and centre of the cab to aid warming the car up anyway.

Thanks for the posts.

LEDs, whats your Watts.

#7 Mondeo-hopeful

Mondeo-hopeful

Megger

• Members
  • 3,339 posts
  • 158 thanks

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

best way to check would be close all the front vents and open the rears and move to vent to face and see.

I will do that next time I am out.

Liam
BLUETOOTH MODULE INFO www.talkford.com/topic/147387-please-help-for-btvc/page__p__1403226#entry1403226
Check your CONVERS+ version www.talkford.com/topic/154824-convers-versions/
Check your SPECIFICATION on ETIS here http://www.etis.ford...5707F2.fcvas509
To search the forum more effectively go to google.co.uk add the following to the search box :site talkford mondeo mk4 <your query> e.g :site talkford mondeo mk4 bluetooth

09 2.2 Tit X Sport, Hypno Silver, options are keyless entry, privacy glass, 8 Way Powered Drivers Seat

#8 W27to345

W27to345

Megger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:15 AM

My rear vents were pretty useless previously (both in terms of airflow and temperature), but that was due to a clogged cabin air filter. After replacing the filter, there is now some airflow though I haven't sat in the rear with the car warmed up to see how warm they get.

That said, the folks in the service department at the local Ford dealership told me not to expect too much from the rear vents, due to the design.

It probably would've been smarter for Ford to put the vents at the back of the center armrest, rather than the sides (less ducting).
ex - '98 Contour V6/MTX (Made in USA)

'08 Mondeo 2.3/ATX "premium" sedan (Made in China)

'09 Fiesta 1.5L/ATX 5-door hatch (Made in China)