#1 isamion

isamion

Little Megger

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk4

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

Does anyone know if the silver trim above glovebox can be removed and replaced?

I recently replaced seats and door cards and the trim on doors (tit x) doesn't match the dash trim (zetec).

Attached Thumbnails

• 1274966946-dash_trim.jpg

2007 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Zetec 5 Door

#2 Mondeo-hopeful

Mondeo-hopeful

Megger

• Members
  • 3,358 posts
  • 159 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Tit X Sport 4

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hopefully some nice chap with a current Ford parts CD can advise?

Liam
BLUETOOTH MODULE INFO www.talkford.com/topic/147387-please-help-for-btvc/page__p__1403226#entry1403226
Check your CONVERS+ version www.talkford.com/topic/154824-convers-versions/
Check your SPECIFICATION on ETIS here http://www.etis.ford...5707F2.fcvas509
To search the forum more effectively go to google.co.uk add the following to the search box :site talkford mondeo mk4 <your query> e.g :site talkford mondeo mk4 bluetooth

09 2.2 Tit X Sport, Hypno Silver, options are keyless entry, privacy glass, 8 Way Powered Drivers Seat

#3 busybusybee

busybusybee

Megger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo TDCi 2010

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

Yes mate it can, prize it out carefully with a screwdriver, i started from one end and gradually did it all, i changed mine for the wood finish. Have you changed your door card trim's, don't know if they come off or not?? Oh n be careful, it's held on with tiny clip's that usually fall off, i have three somewhere behind my dash!
Does anyone actually read these???

#4 isamion

isamion

Little Megger

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

Cheers mate!

Car forums are a great source of info! Wish we had them 20 years ago.

The trims don't seem to come off the door cards (or at least not easily).
I changed the door cards in my zetec to ones from titanium x along with the seats.

How much was the new dash trim? What was part number?

#5 Tiny65

Tiny65

Ticket to Ride

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 227 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MkIV

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

Have you thought of just covering them? This would give you a larger range of possibilities.....
2009 Mondeo MK4
2.0 TDCi, 194PS
Hypnotic Silver

Sport Grill with Carbon Fiber wraped trim, Privacy windows, Front/Rear Park Assist, 17" ATS Taurus Flash, K&N Airfilter, Celtic Tuning, USB/iPod conversion, LEDs all around

My Ride

#6 isamion

isamion

Little Megger

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

That was plan B.

Was looking at 3M Di-Noc Vinyl, but it is hard to get it in anything other than Carbon Fibre Style, which I am not sure about.

#7 Tiny65

Tiny65

Ticket to Ride

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 227 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

That was plan B.

Was looking at 3M Di-Noc Vinyl, but it is hard to get it in anything other than Carbon Fibre Style, which I am not sure about.

I picked it up in silver (3M Di-Noc carbon Fiber) off of ebay and am just waiting for some sunshine and warmer weather to do mine. I don't like the way the brushed aluminum clashes with the other panels so going to wrap all of them and see how it comes out. A guy on the German forum did his and it looks great but in black CF. My dash is black already so don't want too much in black.

I already did my front grill in Black CF to get rid of the chrome and it looks great, idea cam from "Malford" who is doing his lower grill now...
2009 Mondeo MK4
2.0 TDCi, 194PS
Hypnotic Silver

Sport Grill with Carbon Fiber wraped trim, Privacy windows, Front/Rear Park Assist, 17" ATS Taurus Flash, K&N Airfilter, Celtic Tuning, USB/iPod conversion, LEDs all around

My Ride

#8 Tiny65

Tiny65

Ticket to Ride

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 227 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

Oh, forgot, I asked him how he did his and he said he left the panels on and also that it was pretty easy, just take your time and use a heat gun at low setting and also a sharp knife when cutting.
2009 Mondeo MK4
2.0 TDCi, 194PS
Hypnotic Silver

My Ride

#9 busybusybee

busybusybee

Megger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo TDCi 2010

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

I got my dash trim as part of a package, got the centre console , centre dash and dash trim for £40 but when it arrived it had scratch's so he sent me a further £15 refund, most people don't like the wood but we do! Just got a set of alcantara/leather seat's off the bay, got to pick them up now :)
Does anyone actually read these???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users