#1 Wilsonx

Wilsonx

Little Megger

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

Hi guys and girls.

I have been given an f-super and a disc which should have had fordscan software on it.

However when i install it on my windows seven laptop it won't startup.

Can anyone point me in the direction of compatible software. I have tried the formidable download from the Ozen site but it will not allow me to connect. It keeps telling me to turn on the ignition but it is on. I did follow instructions given to me to to get my f-super installed with the correct driver for windows 7 and it does recognise the interface as scan hardware.

Ta for any help in advance.

#2 jamiemcd

jamiemcd

Big Megger

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 588 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

Try installing the software in compatibility mode for XP.
2000 Mk3 2.0 Petrol Ghia X in Panther Black with Black Leather.

Done: Jaaaaag Key [it snapped..], HID Projectors, LED Sidelights, Smoked Side Repeaters with Amber LEDs, Extra 12v Power Outlet, IOPlay and IOTalk, Ford Flip Key, Front LED puddle lights, Red door open lights, Short Shifter [removed for now], Zetec S alloys, Smoked Final Facelift Lights, rear reflectors, chrome window strips...

Want to do: Zetec S front bumper [impossible to find!], ST rear bumper [too many with parking sensors!], Chrome strip door handles [quite pricey..], Eibach 30/40 Springs...

#3 Wilsonx

Wilsonx

Little Megger

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Thanks Jamie.

I have already tried that but it just tells me to chose a valid program to open with xp compatibilty. I think there is a problem with the software on the disc.

#4 bigknutts

bigknutts

Megger

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:state blue st24

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

you should try a laptop with xp installed as there are so many conflicts with diffrent operating systems and laptops!
oh and compatibility mode sucks it will still use win 7 drivers.

#5 SRH990

SRH990

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 1,413 posts
  • 32 thanks

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:02 AM

It works fine on Windows 7, I have it installed on my desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and my Netbook running Windows 7 Starter Edition, 32 bit. It connects fine to the car and reads & clears DTC's so is functional. The major issue was getting the drivers for the USB lead connected.

I posted a long reply to someone about the same issue Here .
Steve H

'06 Zetec TDCi 130 Euro IV, '04 TDCi 130 Euro IV

#6 bestseany

bestseany

MEG Corporal

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

I've got Windows 7 32-bit on the laptop I use for my F-Super and I had no problems at all. I just ran the installer for the fordscan software, and then installed the USB lead device driver using the folder in the fordscan folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users