#1 M20_ANT

M20_ANT

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hi all.

Like a plum I've managed to shut my keys in the boot, this happened other night when looking for something there, and shutting boot with keys still there. The car is deadlocked as used the boot release button on remote, it's a 2001 MK III hatch by the way.
Got no spare whatsoever, went to my local fords earlier who said can't help without a key code number, which they said only the original dealer would know. I've not a clue who the original dealer was, all I know is I'm the 2nd owner and car belonged to a company in Stockport previously.
Had a problem ages ago when has an Orion, snapped key in fuel cap and AA managed to get me a new key using reg number and VIN.
Not a member of any breakdown organisations so was just wondering if anyone knows of any tips or places I can go to for help (as cheap as poss really)
I'm in Colchester so if anyone knows anywhere in this area please let me know.'
Last resort I'll have to bust a side window and get them that way.... :(

:tonofbricks:

#2 Ben_W

Ben_W

6 cylinders.....its the future ;)

• Forum Moderator
  • 3,761 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:2.5 V6 Zetec-S

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

I'd be looking to break the cheapest window. Bear in mind if its dead locked, you will need to be able to get into the car to get into the boot as you wont be able to open the car from the inside.

As for your dealer, they are talking shite. Armed with reg and vin, they can tell you....
Stardust Silver Mondeo Zetec-S Saloon - Lower than than Markyg's morals.....

Hatch for a show, Saloon for a pro........a funky green buggy for everything else!!

Buggy, buggy, buggy!

#3 M20_ANT

M20_ANT

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:42 PM

I'd be looking to break the cheapest window. Bear in mind if its dead locked, you will need to be able to get into the car to get into the boot as you wont be able to open the car from the inside.

As for your dealer, they are talking shite. Armed with reg and vin, they can tell you....

Cheers Ben, you speak as I think.... I'm just thinking of arranging a windscreen replacement as need new front screen and pile in to the boot then... :}

Yep, as you say, deadlocked means needing access, thats why I'd need to break a glass that'll allow me to get in and drop the rear seats to locate keys.

My Dad told me that they should be able to help if take logbook, reg, VIN etc... ok, its a 9 yr old car now, but most companies I know of keep a record of sales somewhere, I'm also sure with a little effort they could locate the key code number for me and cut a key, might ring another random ford dealer tomorrow to see what their response consists of.

thanks for your reply mate :)

#4 4x416v

4x416v

AWOL

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 7,605 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

is it a saloon?
Mk1 Mondeo 2.0si 4x4
Mk3 Mondeo Final Facelift 2.0 Ghia X
My Mk1 4x4 diary:
http://www.talkford....80#entry1497480
What's next: Mk3 ST220 Final Facelift or Mk4 2.5T tit x

Talk to me about Winter / Summer tyres, wheels and chassis mods.

#5 Baldrick

Baldrick

Lincolnshire Meets Organiser

• Members
  • 12,458 posts
  • 177 thanks
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

+1

#6 duratorq kid

duratorq kid

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo mistral tdci

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

hi sorry for ur trouble i think if u could get off a battery lead and reconnect it it'll open the car ive always dreaded this happening me even if u have to cut the leads its going to be cheaper than a window
2004 Mondeo td [color="#FF0000"][ci] 115 bhp, decat,blanked egr, overcooling problem fixed oil fekin stat grr.., fully serviced every 6000 miles, 4 new tyres hoping for at least 15000 miles lol, 55-60 mpg, i love my car :)

#7 M20_ANT

M20_ANT

Little Megger

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

is it a saloon?

Hatchback mate.

#8 tomrostron

tomrostron

Megger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:mk4 zetec tdci 08

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

could you please explain how taking a battery lead off, would open the car. thanks tom.
2008 mk4 1.8 tdci edge

#9 4x416v

4x416v

AWOL

• Lifetime Gold Member
  • 7,605 posts
  • 158 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

you cant open the bonnet without damaging it anyway, as the keys are in the boot (dont do it) as it's a hatch access would not be so bad as you can break one of the rear door windows and maybe get a child to somehow get through the window and lower the rear seats to get into the boot, it's the least expensive window to repair, the front window is bigger though so would be easier to get through. As the car is deadlocked I dont think that you can to simply break the window and reach into the cabin and open it?
Mk1 Mondeo 2.0si 4x4
Mk3 Mondeo Final Facelift 2.0 Ghia X
My Mk1 4x4 diary:
http://www.talkford....80#entry1497480
What's next: Mk3 ST220 Final Facelift or Mk4 2.5T tit x

Talk to me about Winter / Summer tyres, wheels and chassis mods.

#10 PSNI Mondeo

PSNI Mondeo

Resident Mad Man - HI

• Members
  • 1,899 posts
  • 14 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Ford Mondeo MK3
  • Name:Chris Dermott

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

access would not be so bad as you can break one of the rear door windows and maybe get a child to somehow get through the window

:o :} Im having that as my sig :}
2002 Ford Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X 130 TDCI (Ink Blue) **Without NOS =166.4bhp at 4141rpm and 238.3lbf/ft at 3018rpm /// With NOS =181.1bhp at 3607rpm and 294.6lbf/ft at 2929rpm **

Power & Handling: Celtic Tuning Remap / TDI UK Tuning Box / Wizards of Nos Kit / Long Life Stainless Steel Completly Straight Through Exhaust / Wingspeed Decat / Turbo Resonator Removed / K&N Panel Filter / MAF Cleaned / Fog Light Cold Air Feed / EGR Cleaned and Plated / Eibach Lowering Springs / Front EBC Grooved Discs and Red Stuff Pads..... Rear Mintex Discs and Pads / 4 Wheel Alignment / Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme Winter Tyres / BP Ultimate / 6 Month Servicing Currently With Fuchs Race Pro S!!
Styling: Black Eyes / Black Grill / Black Lexus Tail Lights / LED Sidelights / Ring Sportz Blue H7's / Ring Rally H1's / Blue LED Footwell & Roof Lights / Blue ST Front Grill Badge / ST 170 Rear Badge / / Smoked side repeaters / Carbon Wrap Windscreen Pillars, Steering Wheel Spokes and Sun Visors / Blue Stitch Gaitor / JVC Player with aux/radio/cd/usb/ect)) / Black Headliner / Recaro Dark Blue Sill Decals / Bump Strips Removed / 17" Painted Black Ghia X Alloys / Painted Calipers and Shocks In Red / Rear Custom Sunshades (Tinted Windows) / G3 Front Wind Deflectors / TalkFord Window Decals ........................Picture of Car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users