#1 LOAFER0510

LOAFER0510

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4 Tit X

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

Have been staying with my parents over Christmas, having packed the car up and about to leave to drive home I try to start the car, the engine turns over then dies as if not enough power in battery, (cold day, doors and boot open for about two hours which explains the low battery) Charge battery for an hour, engine just about turns over, but doesn’t start and then dies, after trying (unsuccessfully) to jump start I came to the conclusion that battery is dead. Remove old battery and then go get the new one which is fitted after twenty mins. Now the immobiliser has kicked in (constant flashing red light on clock) and engine won’t even turn over. Any ideas about how to get the car started again? Any help greatly appreciated, Ford dealer can’t see the car until after the bank holiday and I really need to getwife and two kids home (200 miles) before then.

#2 PURPLE_2L_LX

PURPLE_2L_LX

Mondeo Mk3 Moderator

• Members
  • 16,442 posts
  • 768 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Estate, TDCI 130 (6)

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Do you only have the one key? My remote fob sometimes worked and sometimes not. The spare standard key
started the car every time though.

I found putting the key in upside down worked better. Maybe coincidence though?

2004 TDCi 130 LX Estate. (6)

MK3 FUSE INFO CLICK HERE ......... FORD WIKI CLICK HERE ........... FORD ETIS CLICK HERE

Adding your location may find someone local who could offer assistance.

F-Super, Bluetooth OBDII (ELM) and a MS509 scanners (test subjects required).

#3 ponsaloti

ponsaloti

Megger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

Have been staying with my parents over Christmas, having packed the car up and about to leave to drive home I try to start the car, the engine turns over then dies as if not enough power in battery, (cold day, doors and boot open for about two hours which explains the low battery) Charge battery for an hour, engine just about turns over, but doesn’t start and then dies, after trying (unsuccessfully) to jump start I came to the conclusion that battery is dead. Remove old battery and then go get the new one which is fitted after twenty mins. Now the immobiliser has kicked in (constant flashing red light on clock) and engine won’t even turn over. Any ideas about how to get the car started again? Any help greatly appreciated, Ford dealer can’t see the car until after the bank holiday and I really need to getwife and two kids home (200 miles) before then.

ECU is confused
Put key in the ingition and turn on. The pats light will flash fast (twice a second) for 1 min. When it goes solid (on), you can start the car.
Good luck.
castle.locks
benfleet

#4 LOAFER0510

LOAFER0510

Just Joined TF!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo MK4 Tit X

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. Unfortunately the first reply didnt work as my spare was at home 200 miles away and I didnt get a chance to try the second as I had the car towed to the dealers. Thanks for trying though, hopefully someone else may find the advice useful. Delaer told me the imobiliser needed reprogramming and that I needed an extra key to do so, £200 later and I was on my way. Expensive but at least I was home for NYE!

#5 ponsaloti

ponsaloti

Megger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

POPULAR

You should have called an auto locksmith, we charge about £140 to come out and supply 2 working keys.
  • yie likes this
castle.locks
benfleet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users